More power out of animal. No rules

tkirchoff77

I race on dirt in the backyard with the buddies. A cart I picked up has an older looking animal on it. Has AN001 cam with stick rod and billet flywheel currently and setup to run on methanol. I am looking for the best "bang for my buck" upgrades I could do to this motor. Was looking into cams and ration rockers but wasn't sure which way to go.

Keep it simple, get a domed piston from Faster motors(90.00 I think) 308 cam( about 115) billet rod
World formula rod would be fine also 75.00.

On alcohol, that'll put you close to 13hp. Best bang for your buck.
also check and make sure you have a stock rod. If there a billet flywheel, you make have a better rod than you think.

Keep it simple, get a domed piston from Faster motors(90.00 I think) 308 cam( about 115) billet rod
World formula rod would be fine also 75.00.

On alcohol, that'll put you close to 13hp. Best bang for your buck.
also check and make sure you have a stock rod. If there a billet flywheel, you make have a better rod than you think.
Thank you for the recommendations, the rod has 12.5 stamped into the side of it, not sure what that means.

ARC rod is excellent. It can be a little cumbersome for a beginner. The World Formula rod is easier to install and also very good. Another cheap option would be a used WF head and 308 cam. It’ll bump up the compression and flow better than the stock animal head. (Saw one on EBay for 75.00)

You need to call me. I've got every option you can think of on the shelf.
In the mean time go here and look around. Everything i have isn't on that web site. I'm working on a new and better one though.

click here http://www.fastermotors.net/

Back