Motivation

95 shaw

Site Supporter
Give a a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
And likely be back the next day to see if there is another fish.
If he gets a fish, he will surely be back the next day, proving he is not unteachable.
If you keep providing fish, he will have no motivation to look for his own fish. and will expect to get his choice of fish.
Withhold those fish, now he will be bitter and angry.

If, while he is still teachable, you show him how to get his own fish, he can eat for a lifetime.
Not to mention being motivated, not only to fish, but to do other things.

If he does not come back the second day, either he does not like fish, or, already has his own motivation.

Just my rant for the morning.

If you teach him how to fish, not only can he eat for a lifetime, he'll figure out that he an spend many of his days drifting around in a boat with his fishing rod and a six pack of his favorite beer...... :)

Why does who we are, or, who we say we are, influence the perceived value of what we have to say?

Last edited:
Thats funny . At Wal mart yesterday guy asks me do you know what plug my lawn mower takes ? I tell him my thought on it . As i walk away , he asks the next person that came along same thing .

Thats funny . At Wal mart yesterday guy asks me do you know what plug my lawn mower takes ? I tell him my thought on it . As i walk away , he asks the next person that came along same thing .

Same thing happens at the race track.

Motivation:
"Winning is Habit Forming,,, Unfortunately so is Loosing"

Back