Motoplat rebuild

Bradley71

Has anyone ever had their motoplat rebuilt.is it worth spending the money.it still works its just starting to come apart.i was thinking about putting some epoxy in all the cracks and sending it.🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_5661.jpeg
    IMG_5661.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 28
I forgot who but I was told at some of my enduro WKA races of someone you can send them to have them rebuilt or fixed.

You should try these guys: https://motoplatrepair.tripod.com/index.html Lets us know how it goes. I have a couple I want to send them. FYI their testing information is perfect for figuring out what exactly is wrong for when it is not obvious like yours.
Wow, great info here, thanks. They also do a lot of stuff for some of the old bikes made in Spain that I grew around as a kid (Montesa, Bultaco, etc). They most used Motoplat stuff.

Wow, great info here, thanks. They also do a lot of stuff for some of the old bikes made in Spain that I grew around as a kid (Montesa, Bultaco, etc). They most used Motoplat stuff.
I just gave away a Rickman Montessa 250 to a good friend. Had the 125 conversion kit too. I'm running out of time to work on all my projects.....

I am not much of a bike guy, but never heard of Rickman in Spain when I was growing and those bikes were run. This is what I found though:
Rickman Motorcycles was a British, independent motorcycle chassis constructor established by brothers Derek and Don Rickman. So basically I think theonly thing from Montesa might be the powerplant.

Rickman triumph , rickman bsa
Montessa , penton, bultaco all the same , custom chassis , powerplant could be anything raced at the time .

Back