Motor dies

E33

Running box stock predator. I have a hemi. She'll run 3 or 4 laps and sputter and die. Did it in hot laps, the first heat and the feature. She ran fine in the second heat with no issue.

Running box stock predator. I have a hemi. She'll run 3 or 4 laps and sputter and die. Did it in hot laps, the first heat and the feature. She ran fine in the second heat with no issue.
Tell us a little more. Stock tank or relocated with pulse pump? Oil sensor removed/unplugged?

I have had luck filling till the gas just hits the red indicator and that is it. Not drilled as suggested above and over filled will cause what you describe.

I have had luck filling till the gas just hits the red indicator and that is it. Not drilled as suggested above and over filled will cause what you describe.
I run my Pred on a 8 degree motor mount.. Less issues with the stock tank stuff and engine on a more angle.. Have to make sure when drilling the hole in gas cap you go thru/drill 2 holes. just drilling the top of cap can still cause problems.. Gotta go a smidge more on the cap drilling.

When drilling, drill all the way through the metal in the cap 😉
Dont need to go to that extreme.. Also be sure to shake out all the plastic from drilling the cap. And after starting the engine look for plastic shavings in the fuel screen in the tank too..

Dont need to go to that extreme.. Also be sure to shake out all the plastic from drilling the cap. And after starting the engine look for plastic shavings in the fuel screen in the tank too..
Extreme ? It’s one hole through the plastic and metal. Our motors and everyone elses I’ve done that way have never shut off.

Extreme ? It’s one hole through the plastic and metal. Our motors and everyone elses I’ve done that way have never shut off.
Just saying you dont have to drill thru the metal is all.. I have 5, and all are the same, just get all the way thru the plastic and yer good.. Some peeps dont get thru all the way..

Back