Motor mount for kid coyote and comer/79cc predator?

Nickp

I would like to put a 79cc predator on my sons kid coyote. What are my options for a motor mount? I have no problem cutting the factory stand offs and mount plate off, but I'd like to be able to switch back to the comer when he turns 5. Are there any mounts available that will accommodate both engines? Thanks for the help

I replied to your PM, Nick.
Is there any particular reason to use the 79cc Predator? You could use the 212 with Jimbo's mount, or get a jr LO206 with the kid kart slide - then he's ready to compete with a well seasoned short block at 5.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz

www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on FaceBook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

i put a 79 cc predator on a standard motor mount and worked just fine... may not be the same motor mount as the comer. a standard motor mount from the motor mounting point of view lines right up.

i put a 79 cc predator on a standard motor mount and worked just fine... may not be the same motor mount as the comer. a standard motor mount from the motor mounting point of view lines right up.

Not on a kid kart. A "kid kart" is a specific chassis for the younger racers (shorter wheelbase, etc. designed to utilize the Comer 50cc engine.)

I decided to make my own. It works in conjunction with the comer mount that's already welded on the chassis. It took a while to figure it all out, but works great! I will try to add pics

I decided to make my own. It works in conjunction with the comer mount that's already welded on the chassis. It took a while to figure it all out, but works great! I will try to add pics
Alright !
that's what my suggestion would be to do.
Ingenuity goes a long way .
Hacksaw saw , drill and grinder can Fab up a lot of things.

I know our track runs the (kid kart) class with the comer c50 and also a (squirt) class with the small 79 cc predator. Maybe trying to set the kart up for quick swaps. dunno???

20190718_231340.jpg

There ended up being quite a bit to it all said and done, but I'll explain the best i can. Here is how i did it. For the picture with the plate, the blue circles (front end of engine) bolt thru the new plate, into tapped holes in the top of the new aluminum motor mount, which slides back and forth on the frame rails, in front of the permanent Comer mount, and just uses a regular stamped metal butterfly underneath to clamp into position (this is just like a traditional kart set up). The orange circles simply bolt this new plate to the predator mounting plate that comes with the motor.
This set up uses the 2 rear comer motor mount slots that already exist in the Coyote factory mount. You can see a stud I welded on the bottom side of the new plate at the end by the yellow circle (rear end of engine). That stud drops in the outboard rear pre existing Comer slot and gets tightened with a nut from underneath. The yellow circle gets a bolt and nut that go thru the predator mount, thru the new plate, and thru the inboard rear pre existing Comer slot.
So, all said and done you loosen the butterfly in the front, loosen the nut thats on the stud, and loosen the bolt and nut that goes thru the yellow circle hole and the whole unit slides back and forth to set chain tension. With this set up you can pop the predator off in about 3 minutes and swap over to the Comer, since I never altered the factory Comer mount. Hopefully that makes sense.

Back