Motor mount height.

DrewSkii

Does anyone happen to know how tall the back of a 15 degree motor mount is? It doesn’t have to be perfect just trying to get any idea cause I just ordered one and it doesn’t look much taller then the mount I have now and I’m so close to the tire that’s why I wanted the 15 degree one. So I’m wondering if I can’t make a spacer plate to put between the motor and the mount to make it a tab bit higher if needed. The mount I have now is just under 3” tall.

No I just got a basic one for now I plan on getting a nice one eventually but the one I made when I first got the kart is off a little so I just got the right thing for now once I do a little more to the engine I’m going to get a nice fully adjustable one. But by making it 7 degrees wouldn’t the back be lower then a 15 degree?

is the one you bought a flip? It could be set on 7*
i misunderstood you’re question no I ordered a basic just 15 degree mount. The one that I have on the kart now is home made just so I could get it running the weekend I got it lol but it’s a flat mount and it’s just under three inches tall and the filter is really close to the tire that’s why I got the 15 degree one to lift it up then I noticed it didn’t look that much taller then the one I made lol but I will find out when it gets delivered. I was just wondering if anyone roughly knew the height of the back of a 15 degree so I know if I have to customize anything before I get it.

Just guessing I’d say a 15* would go 3.5” - 4” from frame tubes to top plate.
Thank you and thank you for the thread for beginners. I honestly don’t know if I will actually ever race the kart it’s a 1983 margay bandito I got it just cause I had always wanted a racing go kart to play with so I just ride it around the small town I live in lol but when my son gets old enough(he’s not even three now) if he shows interest in actually racing I would be more then happy to teach him so I do need to somewhat learn the ropes.

if your still running into a clearance issue with it it should have #35 chain on it add a link or two to get your farther away from your tire.

Yea 3-4 is about right . Some older ones could be alittle higher .
I have put a custom 1/2 inch spacer between the mount and plate .

Back