Motor Mount

jjchat
I can't help but think that if you ever had a QPT motor mount you would change your mind.

I think the QPT is a good mount, but the attention to detail and manufacturing quality I observe in the Odenthal mount is amazing. That said, it's cost prohibitive for many and is over built for most 206 applications (speedway vs Sprint). However, I have never had any issues or complaints by anyone who has upgraded to it.

Yea we don't need anything over built.
No offense JJ but If you are saying the attention to detail and manufacturing quality is better on an Odenthal mount than a QPT then i'm even more convinced you have never had your hands on a QPT mount.
I'm not saying an Odenthal mount isn't a good piece (it looks very well made) but i don't care to do the up and down thing several times to get the chain tension right.
Once the QPT mount is installed you simply turn the bolt on the back of the mount to adjust the chain tension.
You can change the rear sprocket by as many as 7 teeth with out ever going under the Kart to loosen the clamps.
While the people in the pit next to you are frantically trying to get a different clutch or axle sprocket on before the feature you are doing more important things like making sure you have the tire pressures right, checking alignment, moving the wheels in or out of just mentally getting ready to race.

1568258082254.png

No offense Jimbo, but looking at the picture, the quality of workmanship is not quite up to the standard I see in in the Odenthal. The Odenthal mount is also a slider mount and I can change about 8-10 teeth without undoing the butterfly clamps. You turn a wrench at the back of the mount, I tighten two bolts on the bottom. As an advocate for a think base plate, I would think you could really appreciate the thickness of the Odenthal plate. There are also small ridges machined into the clamps to increase the psi on the butterfly to rail clamping force and the butterflys come in three sizes for a precise fit. Finally, the Odenthal mount has almost infinite adjustability as you have 16 different mounting positions for the engine left to right. Of course all of this comes at a price.

I've got and use one of Jim's. Works as advertised, doesn't slip, and for an old fat guy the fact I don't have to worry about
the underside when changing gears is a blessing I can't even begin to describe. With a pin it hub I changed gears buy myself
using this mount in under three minutes last week.

Yea we don't need anything over built.
No offense JJ but If you are saying the attention to detail and manufacturing quality is better on an Odenthal mount than a QPT then i'm even more convinced you have never had your hands on a QPT mount.
I'm not saying an Odenthal mount isn't a good piece (it looks very well made) but i don't care to do the up and down thing several times to get the chain tension right.
Once the QPT mount is installed you simply turn the bolt on the back of the mount to adjust the chain tension.
You can change the rear sprocket by as many as 7 teeth with out ever going under the Kart to loosen the clamps.
While the people in the pit next to you are frantically trying to get a different clutch or axle sprocket on before the feature you are doing more important things like making sure you have the tire pressures right, checking alignment, moving the wheels in or out of just mentally getting ready to race.

View attachment 6453
I love this mount . It replaced my vintage TS Racing mount from the 90's I plan on adapting this to a drag mini bike that i'm working on now minus the angle risers and butterflies if i'm able to purchase top unit separate.

I think it's like judging women just by the way they look. Fill in a dumb blonde joke here.
It brings to mind the lyrics from an old rock n roll song from 1963 "If You Wanna Be Happy" by Jimmy Soul
Which mount is prettier is really not a factor as far as i'm concerned. However, I think the Odenthal mount looks very nice and if you or anyone else thinks it's better by all means keep using them.
Personally, I"ll take the one that is durable and makes my life easier.
Once you put it on the kart and race a few time how good it looks will change dramatically and i don't think anyone will really care.
I tried to get the video link to work but if you want to see it go here and click on the link in the picture:
http://www.fastermotors.net/MOTORMOUNTSHEAVYDUTY.htmlI probably should have used a better camera than my cell phone.

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you
Get an ugly girl to marry you
A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he married her and then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart
But if you make an ugly woman your wife
A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind
Get an…

On the QPT what are the increments of lateral adjustability? The Odenthal is very good. The newer Odenthals have 2 rows of offset stud holes which are about .25" OC so (we run a clutch inboard with very clearance so this is helpful to have this fine adjustment). It's a fight to get the right chain tension and I am pretty tempted to try the QPT.

Dad
They currently aren't that close but it hasn't been an issue that anyone has brought to my attention.
However, the next run of motor mounts will have more holes to address your concern.
If you want one with more holes closer together i will manually do it for you.
The mount also works for the Nitro karts with the engine on the left side.

Hey Jimbo: Remember those starters I sent you last year? Maybe you could hook me up with your mount to try out this winter in return.....

Sorry i missed this.
Didn't i pay you for the starters?

Sorry i missed this.
Didn't i pay you for the starters?

No, but I wouldn't give you an amount. I figured I would need something from you sooner or later and we would trade it out. I hope no one read the message above as you not being honorable and trustworthy. Not my intention at all.

Back