Motor wont start, have checked and redone just about everything i know to do, and researched all i could handle. Need advice please.

Miked74

Ive already done lash at TDC on compression stroke at .004 each, might be a little much. Ive made sure the magneto is getting the spark plug a spark and it is properly connected to the switch for grounding out when needed. It has fresh gas in it, the carberutor is clean , the jet, and the orifices on the emulsion tube are clear. The idle screw is properly tunes at 1 1/2 turns and the air mixture screw is also set the same. There is the 3 elements needed, air, fuel, spark, i'll go back and check all the gaskets again. Please help

Spark at the right time, valve opening at the right time. Have you checked those? You need a degree wheel to do it rigThisht!

Take the spark plug out, hook the spark plug wire up to it, ground the spark plug on the engine, turn the engine over, is there spark?

Check that the carburetor is pumping. Close the fuel line petcocke. Train the fuel line. Hook it back up to the carburetor. Open the petcock. Put your hand over the carburetor's opening. Spin the engine by hand. If the carburetor is pumping, the fuel line will fill up a little with each turning of the engine.

Sometimes a plug can spark outside the engine but not spark under compression. Does it have allot of compression? Are you flooding it out, is the plug wet?

Back