Mount Tires

The best way to mount tires is have the best freshest edge toward the inside fo the chassis correct? Like say a take of set or something.

Do y'all actually dismount the tire from the wheel during the off season? I normally just remove the core and let the tire vent, then replace the core.

Do y'all actually dismount the tire from the wheel during the off season? I normally just remove the core and let the tire vent, then replace the core.
On high bite tracks where you have to be on the same tire for the whole event, it's not uncommon to flip the tire at the track between races!

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Best way to keep a tire wearing the best is to flip it every time you come off the track. If I put more than 10 laps on a tire its getting flipped. If its a real low bite situation with no tire wear then you dont need to but other than that keep them flipped.
Once I start seeing wear I flip, sometimes every run, sometimes once a week

I’ll sell out before I start flipping tires at the track……
I know people who flip tires at track…that being said it is the people who scuff tires in on track, they will take a set of tires out for the hot laps and do a few laps then flip and do a few laps after to scuff them. I don’t think it works that well but they like it. I just do my scuffing on the belt driven deal and use a few different steps and I have brand new fresh rubber.

Scuffing and surfacing are two different things.

Scuffing is something you do to new tires, surfacing can be done to new tires BUT IS NOT THE SAME AS SCUFFING, and is generally done after the tires are ran to clean up anything on the tire that affects performance.

To be more clear, when scuffing I'd never flip a set of tires unless you went WAY over board.
When the tires need to be flipped, they generally get a resurface after flipping.

Last edited:
We used to use the 5X5 (outlaw) wheels and just turn them around without de-mounting on our UAS kart. Not sure where to get them anymore though. I think some of the stock organizations deemed them illegal. Not sure why?????

Back