Mounting a new body

Mounting a new body and I don’t have much clearance with the tires. When turning to the right It hits. I’ve used up all the vertical adjustment with the nose. I’m good when turning to the left. It’s just the right.

TritonJr with a Chavous Skyline body.

Any suggestions?

Trim the opening, I've only mounted a couple bodies, but both needed trimming to clear the tires
I probably should've explained it better.

My tires are running out of space under the fender well. I placed a roll of electrical tape on top of the tires for clearance. But as I scale and raise the left front wheel/tire my clearance is shrinking and when turning right the tire is hitting under the fender.

You need to un do the side panels and push them forward too raise the nose .
Be aware that can tip the front down some . depending on the stifness of the floor .
Or add a brace .

Last edited:
I mounted 2 skylines this yr and on both I ended up having to bend the left side nerf bars up to get clearance on my Lf

You definitely cannot let that side fall below the nerf .
When mounting .
Also need to be sure the nerfs are hanging and not artificially supported in an up position .

Last edited:
I have never mounted a new body that just perfectly fit. I am sure part of it is on me and part of it could be using different brands of bodies but it has never been easy. As a result I have pretty much given up and went the easy route.

Attachments

• 20191123_090455 (1).jpg
    20191123_090455 (1).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201028_175454 (1).jpg
    20201028_175454 (1).jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20201208_173943 (1).jpg
    20201208_173943 (1).jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 63
quit trying to mount the body on the kart while its on the stand and the tires on.
set it on the ground, after you have slide the body under it put 1 inch pieces of wood under the nose to help hold the doghouse up

quit trying to mount the body on the kart while its on the stand and the tires on.
set it on the ground, after you have slide the body under it put 1 inch pieces of wood under the nose to help hold the doghouse up
This is pretty much what I did, except I went with 2x4 boards just for a little more insurance against dragging. The tracks around me have a tendency to get very rough, so I don't want to split it first night out. I bought the JKB xact fit and it was really easy to get mounted. Be aware though, the "foot box" is very tight around the pedals.

I have never mounted a new body that just perfectly fit. I am sure part of it is on me and part of it could be using different brands of bodies but it has never been easy. As a result I have pretty much given up and went the easy route.
IMG_20210318_201651585.jpg

Same here. Makes washing the tires way easier

Back