Mounting action cameras

Bandmn

Where is a good place people are mounting cameras now days since you cant mount to helmet any longer? I would like to see tach and hands if possible. I thought about mounting it on my steering block and moving my lap trigger but of course wont see tach or hands.

Attachments

• Message_1557523352731-780x1040.jpg
    Message_1557523352731-780x1040.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 65
If you are allowed to do so, I believe GoPro has a chest harness that may work. Out of curiosity, what was the reason they did away with the helmet mount?

If you are allowed to do so, I believe GoPro has a chest harness that may work. Out of curiosity, what was the reason they did away with the helmet mount?

I believe its that they claim that the adheasive deteriorates the durability of the helmet. I think thats what i read somewhere on here.

They did away with the helmet mounts because SFI did not approved them. There is even some question about the inside the visor cameras.
If someone were to get injured because of the helmet mount, the organizations could be very liable.
I personally think they're OK and was a bit surprised when we found out that SFI said no!
Clark Gaynor Sr.

A guy had one mounted to his kart last night, came off and my son ran it over, no damage to our kart, but at 58mph his camera was trash.

If your track allows cameras... We mount on the left side of the body or on our jr champ we put on the right side of the roll cage... I would suggest that if you mount to any part of your kart to drill some holes and run zipties around the case to help prevent it from breaking loose off your kart...

Back