Mounting on new van k wheels

Is anyone having trouble getting Burris tires to pop on the bead with new van k wheels? If so what’s the solution? I know some guys have been sanding down the ridges on the bead area but don’t want to do that if I can keep from it

Warning: mounting tires can be DANGEROUS!!! please please take every possible safety precaution it only takes ONE time. if you are not comfortable HIRE a professional.
that being said.
depends when they were made. the new new ones are a lot better. the first few batches the lathe feed was set up too fast and the tire bead has a tuff time climbing the hump. newer ones are smoother and allow the tire to speed up over the bead. I have had success by using an adjustable tire band, squeezing the tire pretty good and dumping. a lot of air as fast as you can not stopping to check the gauge until it POPS. wouldn't be a bad idea to bolt in a hub to the wheel for safety and I only use an inflator with a length of hose a hand trigger and a clip on style head so my hands are NOT inside the wheel on the valve.
something like this
https://www.amazon.com/SATA-Tire-in...cphy=9013463&hvtargid=pla-1117407214545&psc=1
be safe good luck

I've been mounting yellow Vega's on them without issue. I use a tire band, a free flowing air chuck, a 15ft detachable air hose, and some soapy water for lube. Top side usually beads at around 100psi and bottom usually close to 130psi. You could always try to heat them a little before beading, that usually helps.

Is anyone having trouble getting Burris tires to pop on the bead with new van k wheels? If so what’s the solution? I know some guys have been sanding down the ridges on the bead area but don’t want to do that if I can keep from it
No problem mounting Burris, just getting them! We're out of right side 33s and 11s (again.)
Warm the tire in the sun for a few minutes prior to mounting. Use a good soapy solution.
Remove the valve core, and put air in rapidly.
Use an extension/whip and a well built tire ring or adjustable band.
Burris are some of the easiest to mount and you shouldn't be having any problems.
As J-Remey said, VanK wheels have actually gotten better over the last few production runs.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I'm with j-remy. Safety is key when your having a hard time. Those clip on inflators are the way to go. Had one pop and blow the bead off the tire right next to me because I looked away for a split second luckily my hand wasn't there. Tire, band, and wheel went up in the air a couple feet. Went deaf for a couple hours too.

As J-Remey said, VanK wheels have actually gotten better over the last few production runs.

Now if they could only figure out how to properly place the valve stems…😂

Good to hear. Bought some last fall brand new.........complete junk. Both 10" I wouldn't run on a yard kart

I miss the douglas wheels bad

i heard the douglas Q halves were imported from china and welded up and machined here. any validity to that? heard someone found out trying to get wheels made during the shortage.

Mine were maxxis tires. Out if 6 rims two stems were damaged when they placed them in holes. I also used plenty of love be.

Are you getting the tire to the bead rings and not able to get it past? I would not sand down the bead rings.

As noted above, make sure you're using a good tire band and lubricating the tire. You need a decent compressor as well. If you're trying to use a small portable compressor try to find a friend with a bigger compressor.

Thanks everyone, I finally got them on with plenty of lube, and in the band I let them sit in the sun till the tire was to hot to touch then it still took 100 psi to get all 4 to pop on the bead. Normally I could get Burris on with around 60psi. I’ve had trouble with Vegas on the newer wheels but this is the first time for Burris

Back