Mounting Vega Tires

MFK

Im having a difficult time mounting the Vega Blue tires on the rims. Im using soap and water and I have even used a space heater to warm the tires up a bit and that has helped. I have only been able to get two tires on the rims so far and it was a battle. Im not talking about seating the bead but just getting them onto the rim at this point. I thought I remember reading Vega tires a difficult so does anyone have any tips. I have watched some videos online and they make it look very easy and fast.

Join the group. I'd rather take a beating than mount Vega's.
Make sure you are putting the tire on toward the narrowest side of the rim.
You and your kids can definitely learn new words w/Vega's.

Yes Im mounting from the narrow side of the rim. Im glad im not alone I thought it was just me using the wrong technique.

They are tuff to mount. I've found the best way for me is on top of a piece of plywood on the floor and put your back into it.

I drilled an anchor into the floor, 1/2" allthread keeps the rim in place while you expand your vocabulary .

This is a two man job at our house. Warm the tire somehow after you have it over the rim. Put dawn dish soap around the bead of the tire and you squish the tire with your left hand and right knee @ noon and 6 while your buddy (wife, son, etc) squishes it from 9 and 3 and slam the air to it. once its on the rim get it into a tire band and fill with air til it pops on the bead. You'll swear the thing is gonna blow, but haven't had it happen yet. Good Luck!

Man I thought they were easy takes just a few minutes. I kinda squeeze the rim between my legs then squeeze the tire with my hands so the center folds in and I am only squeezing half of the tire. I then put the tire into the rim at hard angle towards the bead and push it rite on. Thats yellows tho. I bet maybe 5 minutes I have them on the rim and with ring and glass cleaner pop em rite up on the bead.

Does that make sense lol

I just mounted a new set of yellows this afternoon. I put them in the hot box/roller for about 10mins and they were much easier to mount.

Come on guys all I run is Vega's I can dismount and remount 1 tire in under 2 min. I would have to flip my tires every race. Use tracktac tire wash as lube they go on better for some reason. You have to set rim on ground and push the tire on the rim at an angle. All I need is a bead breaker and pull the tire off by hand with no tools.

Frankie

We work with these a lot and have no problems mounting them. When I first started mounting them I used a few choice words but as time has went on I can mount a set of Vegas as fast or faster than a Burris. I really really like to work with these Vegas!
Tom Dawson
Transfer Tornado Cuts
724-456-3757

only tire we race with at our track, I hate them lol. give me a burris tire I rip it off and on a rim like its nothing. I don't heat the tires at all, once you get the hang of it they are like any other tire. If the tire is warm itll be easier. Use your knee and get one side of the tire crushed down, then use your hand on the right side and muscle it right onto the bead. they go easy. When beading them I remove the valve stem and in the tire band or ring I pump em with about 180psi.

only tire we race with at our track, I hate them lol. give me a burris tire I rip it off and on a rim like its nothing. I don't heat the tires at all, once you get the hang of it they are like any other tire. If the tire is warm itll be easier. Use your knee and get one side of the tire crushed down, then use your hand on the right side and muscle it right onto the bead. they go easy. When beading them I remove the valve stem and in the tire band or ring I pump em with about 180psi.

This is what i do as well.

I had no problem at all to mount the last set of blue Vegas I bought in Spain last summer. No mire issues than with any other asphalt 5" tire.

Back