Mounting Vega's

The real problem is flipping them...I think i'm going to build a wheel mount, (hub mounted on bad axle thats mounted to a pedestal or vice to hold it all). I had no problem getting mine on the wheel, but the folds in the tire after were hard to unfold while on the wheel. Seating the bead took a lot of air for the first two, then i figured out you have to have the tire band just right and they pop right on.

Warm the tire some and those folds won't be nearly as bad.

The old wheel and axle idea may help from chasing the tire around on the floor, but you may not be able to put as much leverage on it that way.
When it's on the floor (carpet), you can put your body weight behind it, which makes it easier for me anyway. :)

This is what I made to use for mounting and dismounting them, works sweet for flipping. I've begun to use a ratchet strap to keep the tire pulled down and in while mounting new tires and that seems to work pretty well. After learning to lube my tire ring before putting the tire in it took a half hour last night to mount and seat (4) 8" blue Vegas. After a little grinder work on a large screwdriver to remove any sharp edges installation was a breeze!

Attachments

• file1-7.jpeg
    file1-7.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 55
Back