Mouse in engine bay

As most of you know I got a pickup…well I went out to start it and the dang check engine light was on and the motor is in limp mode. Popped the hood and mice had a great day with my engine. Chewed up some wires and created a big nest by the turbo. Stupid little things. I hope that I can get the wires fixed. I took a massive nest out of under and beside the turbo and we are gonna do some rearranging and put the truck in the garage.

Attachments

• 2A671991-5DCE-4B3F-AA4B-456780A15394.jpeg
    2A671991-5DCE-4B3F-AA4B-456780A15394.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 328
  • 983C5EC8-51D2-40C4-A3C2-3DC3708F6A4F.jpeg
    983C5EC8-51D2-40C4-A3C2-3DC3708F6A4F.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 324
  • B7EF08CD-E81E-410C-A68F-2CC74A398042.jpeg
    B7EF08CD-E81E-410C-A68F-2CC74A398042.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 316
Yep . Dont know why but the chipmunks will get in mine and eat acorns .
Ive seen squirrels climb up in there .
I had a rabbit huddled up next to my air cleaner on a 69 mercury . It ate all the rubber of the plug wires on the distributor . Dead of winter poor thing .

Check around; there are rodent repellent sprays out there (I have to use them on the fender wells and the engine, especially the plastic trim around the air cleaner and the batteries) to keep squirrels out of the engine bay of my 6.6 Duramax. Learned that lesson the hard way - I was temporally at a point where I only used the truck one day a week, and a squirrel built a nest, ate a bunch of wires through and also ate half of a $450 sensor. You don't want to know the total repair bill, but I can assure you that a couple of spray bottles of animal repellent (which keeps most all rodents away) is a very small investment. Also had a squirrel eat through the gas line on my Jeep. I got Liquid Fence Animal Repellent at the local hardware store, and it has worked fine - no squirrels, chipmunks or mice. An even stronger one is Nature's Mace Squirrel Mace, which I had to mail order and which is very effective, and, in addition, besides the squirrels, chipmunks and mice, it works on raccoons, too. Get one of those soon, and reapply it every couple of weeks. Cheap insurance....

They are some wires to a sensor but I am gonna try to cut the wires and make them work which I most likely can but it was fun being under the hood of it because it is so interesting looking at a diesel compared to a gasser and it is really interesting to me since I am gonna go to diesel tech my jr and senior year of high school and then from there I am gonna decide on if I want to be a diesel mechanic or a welder. I plan on doing a bunch of little stuff to the truck like maintance and some other stuff so it is a good learning experience for me since I want to learn diesel motors more.

Got a new MAP sensor and we are gonna put it on there and connect all the wires together and hope it fixes the issue. As of right now, that is the only chewed wire that I know of but we will see. It should fix my issues. From now on it will have a shop in the garage.

Back