Multi Cylinder Kart

sundog

Just wondering why we haven't seen a twin cylinder kart engine. Horizontally opposed would have almost no vibration.

The twin cylinder BRC250 engines, and the like are $10,000+ That's the primary reason you don't see them (or that they're banned in some orgs.) I'm kinda' curious why people aren't using PWC engines...

And I still cast my vote for the "other" predator - the V-Twin with something like 22HP out of the box, with no mods at all, just ad gas and oil and go.... :) Think of it as an "economy" twin class.

Or not so economy if an association allows removal of governors as a first step, and that morphs into changes to cams, carbs and internals after outfits like ARC make bullet proof flywheels, forged aluminum rods and whatever else becomes necessary.

And I still cast my vote for the "other" predator - the V-Twin with something like 22HP out of the box, with no mods at all, just ad gas and oil and go.... :) Think of it as an "economy" twin class.

Or not so economy if an association allows removal of governors as a first step, and that morphs into changes to cams, carbs and internals after outfits like ARC make bullet proof flywheels, forged aluminum rods and whatever else becomes necessary.
I think that would be cool. Idk much about the bigs engines on go karts but how do you put the power to the axle? Do people put a big belt drive on it or what? I dont know anything about these.

Ive got a buddy who ran a 2 cylinder snowmobile engine in his RWYB kart. Vibrations are the least of your problems on a dirt kart.

Back