MWROC Setup help

Billiam

Hello all, as the title states I am looking for any help you can give me in regards to setup for this weekend.

I will be racing in the 35 and over and the pro clone super heavy running a phantom chassis, mainly looking for gearing but if anyone has chassis numbers for this track i would appreciate it... I am running a 2018 recon and 2013 triton.

Thanks,

Billiam

Your Triton for super heavy , put a 13/55 or 14/59 on , or if mini 12 / 51 set Rear hub spacing first , and front wheel spacing before going on scales.
RR 1/4" from inside edge of wheel to frame, LR 3/4 " front in as far as you can without wheel rubbing on spindle. Make sure seat is not bound up, 9 1/8" off top of axle to top seat , Stagger tires 1 1/2 " front and 1 3/8 " rear, Set air 6 lb rights, 5 lb left, bolt them on get it on scales. Get in with your racing jacket and helmet on. 46.8 nose, 60.5 % left, 64 % cross , 2.65 RF neg camber, . 75 LF pos camber , toe RF out 1/16 " , keep the right tires on it, and Hang on.
Your Recon do a search under Phantom forum do a search for James personal set up use those numbers, same tires to scale, same starting gearing.
Good luck !!

^ Great advice and starting point right there.
Round cuts early on, then go to an intermediate for the mains if the track bites up some. Going to be hot and humid and the track prep will be like nothing you've seen before @ Lil E. Calcium should make it bite up much more than it was in years past.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Good luck to all racing. We won't be able to make it this season. Keep an eye on the weather as it looks like the area may get slammed with storms today and tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the help.. I did not make any features but I still am new to this so I’m okay with it.. I ran my 2018 Recon… Im gonna make some changes to it after this weekend.. I have a 2xl seat in it and I have an issue with my neck.. my neck seems to want to go back and can’t lean forward enough. Looks like I’m sleeping while I race.. I feel my body straightens which arches my back almost like I need a lap belt to keep my back in the seat.. my seat is about a 1/4” away from the flat part of the chain guard ( the horizontal part not vertical) I’m gonna see what I can muster up.. I will check the phantom portion on here as well.

Thanks everyone for the help.. I did not make any features but I still am new to this so I’m okay with it.. I ran my 2018 Recon… Im gonna make some changes to it after this weekend.. I have a 2xl seat in it and I have an issue with my neck.. my neck seems to want to go back and can’t lean forward enough. Looks like I’m sleeping while I race.. I feel my body straightens which arches my back almost like I need a lap belt to keep my back in the seat.. my seat is about a 1/4” away from the flat part of the chain guard ( the horizontal part not vertical) I’m gonna see what I can muster up.. I will check the phantom portion on here as well.
Post in the phantom column with pics of kart and how the seat is oriented. I am sure someone can help you get squared away.

^ Great advice and starting point right there.
Round cuts early on, then go to an intermediate for the mains if the track bites up some. Going to be hot and humid and the track prep will be like nothing you've seen before @ Lil E. Calcium should make it bite up much more than it was in years past.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
They changed the dirt at Little E, they used the same dirt they put on Big E last year

Not that I owe you an explanation, but the responses that discussed what happened at the race had nothing to do with my original question as JPMKarting states above. If you want to start your own thread about the race go for it..

Back