my bsp

curtracer

Ok ill admitt it i am reluctantly joining the clones (i hope the next motor is called a zombie) got a harbor freight 212 under my tree this am .what do i do with it .youd have to understand some impressive flatties have come from our garage . So what book should i read ,we are looking at the stock class aroun 350 pounds 2/10 mike clay oval .goal is a house built motor. Help me out here fellas .

So being new to this where do o get a rule book
First you will have to have a legal eninge
unless your track runs a predator class, or an open class the clone you have will be illegal in any of the clone classes under AKRA/WKA rules.

First you will have to have a legal eninge
unless your track runs a predator class, or an open class the clone you have will be illegal in any of the clone classes under AKRA/WKA rules.
This is the first thing you need to address. preditor is a whole nother issue.

Some tracks allow predator and clones both in box stock classes, most around here do i know. He needs to check with the track he is gonna be racing at before deciding what to do with the engine he has now. The tracks around ky mostly all allow both types of clones in box stock, which i agree would give the predator racers a little bit of an advantage in stock form, but not always. Its still pretty close racing.

Some tracks allow predator and clones both in box stock classes, most around here do i know. He needs to check with the track he is gonna be racing at before deciding what to do with the engine he has now. The tracks around ky mostly all allow both types of clones in box stock, which i agree would give the predator racers a little bit of an advantage in stock form, but not always. Its still pretty close racing.
That must be a J&M thing because non of the BSP classes allow the predator

That must be a J&M thing because non of the BSP classes allow the predator

J&M, Briar Patch, and Lightning Valley rules all allow them to be mixed in box stock. Ed has been allowing predators and clones both in the box stock races at the Bluegrass Nationals, Turkey Buzzard and Frosty Wheels also since they are using Briar Patch rules for those races.

Return it, and IMO I'd buy a Box stock project engine from Jimmy, or one of Dovers kits or even ARC is an option

If he plans on running the motor at tracks where it is clones only for box stock, i agree with you on this. However, where he plans on racing may allow both in box stock.

Curtracer, if you want an engine that you can use for box stock now, and maybe later decide to use for Pro Clone, you would want one of the 196 clone engines instead of the predator. XXX made a good suggestion about the BSP engines from Jimmy Sims, they are great engines to start with for BSP and build yourself, they are cheaper than the kit motors you get from Dyno Cams or Dover Power, but the kit motors you get from one of those dealers mentioned would come with everything you need to build your own engine, while the BSP engines usually come with everything except the flywheel.

J&M, Briar Patch, and Lightning Valley rules all allow them to be mixed in box stock. Ed has been allowing predators and clones both in the box stock races at the Bluegrass Nationals, Turkey Buzzard and Frosty Wheels also since they are using Briar Patch rules for those races.

Yeah Ed is screwing up, he needs to separate the two, or in the end he will have a class full of 212's
Ed and Vicky are dear friends, when I built Clay city we butted heads a little but it was soon straightened out lol

I agree with you completely, most of us that run the box stock have moved up to predators for those classes, you have to have them to have a chance to compete when everyone else is on them. Clones just dont keep up with the predators when both have been built with the same mods, the predators have the obvious advantage. Ed is also a good friend of mine and has helped out in more ways than he probably realizes.

I agree with you completely, most of us that run the box stock have moved up to predators for those classes, you have to have them to have a chance to compete when everyone else is on them. Clones just dont keep up with the predators when both have been built with the same mods, the predators have the obvious advantage. Ed is also a good friend of mine and has helped out in more ways than he probably realizes.

They need to keep the 212's the same way they did the blues years ago, and dont make any changes.
Ed and Vicky have always been that way, my son cut his teeth at Richmond and LV that was late 1999, and they are the same today.
Passionate about karting.
Should of seen that dirt road course in the bottom at LV lol it didnt go well

Ok heres what im gettingvfrom this
1. 212 is probably not legal in box stock class ,but is a good basis for a modifyed
2. Since this is my first leaf blower build (did ok with tillers) im thinking may have better luck with the yellow or red motor
3. Headed forvthe return counter.
4.who are youall sugessting for a complete ( all but the clutch ) kit ,big pipe good carb top plate etc. I have to act quickly to keep peace with gf (She gave me the motor). Fly wheel complete motor but in pices .

Yeah Ed is screwing up, he needs to separate the two, or in the end he will have a class full of 212's
Ed and Vicky are dear friends, when I built Clay city we butted heads a little but it was soon straightened out lol

Surely not........

He just didn't know at that time, you are right about everything. LOL

Back