My new favorite car

i'll take one... love the color - is there any other for that car (other than some blaze orange accents)? and where are the big white 43's ?

Beautiful cars, I can remember when you could actually see one of them driving on the road, but if you really owned one, you found out real quick what a ticket magnet they were. I still would prefer to have my '57 Nomad wagon back, and my all time favorite is a car I saw in N.Y.C. Coluseam Auto Show, about 1955 or '56? , it was right at the entrance on a pedestal, a 1955 Corvette front with a '55 Nomad back half, Real Show car, never ever saw it again and very few pictures.

I would enjoy driving that Daytona Challenger for about six months............................until they take my license for too many tickets

Beautiful cars, I can remember when you could actually see one of them driving on the road, but if you really owned one, you found out real quick what a ticket magnet they were. I still would prefer to have my '57 Nomad wagon back, and my all time favorite is a car I saw in N.Y.C. Coluseam Auto Show, about 1955 or '56? , it was right at the entrance on a pedestal, a 1955 Corvette front with a '55 Nomad back half, Real Show car, never ever saw it again and very few pictures.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...j0i22i30l4.0.0.0.9236...........0.Dhw5ysAE5Ow

Something like this? Very cool.

http://gomotors.net/Chevrolet/Chevrolet-Corvette-Nomad/photos.html?pic=1

P.K., thanks, and I thought that I was the only one that remembered that car.

I don't remember it Jack. But I do remember hanging the crusin area at night and others talking about it as if it was science fiction or like ghost lights. Always arguments about if it was real or made up. Someone would always say they had a second cousin, who's friend saw it, just the same as who saw ghost lights.

Jack, if you like that Corvette Nomad, scroll down in the link Paul put up until you get to the one that starts out, "Superior Glass Works...." in the title. The Superior replica body kit has been advertised in Street Rodder magazine for several years. If I ever decide to roll my own again, the Corvette Nomad will be right at the top of the list of candidates - you see deuce coupes everywhere, but a Corvette Nomad? Thats one rare hot rod. One problem: what they call the 54 Chevy Sport Wagon costs, for the body only, about 3 times what a roller ready for your engine and tranny, radiator, wiring harness etc. costs for the rest of their line, so while a regular roller kit is reachable, the Sport Wagon gets into the "I gotta' win the lottery" range. You have to want a Corvette Nomad lookalike a lot more than you have to want, say, a '34 coupe or phaeton. If you do hit the lottery, a turnkey 54 Sport Wagon rolls out of their shop for a cool $199,500, $100,000 more than a roller and $139,500 more than the basic body kit.

Oh, well, back to the 1934 Chevy Coupe Fendered Roller for $22,300.....

Back