Mychron 4 temp reads wrong

GaryG

My Mychron 4 temp was reading between 850-1100' this past weekend. Is it true you need to separate the leads (temp, tach) when routing from the engine to the Mychron mounted on the steering shaft? If so what do you guys use to separate the two?

They say your supposed to separate the 2, back in the Flathead days we used wire loom. I don’t run a temp on the clones.

is it possible there is an issue with the mychron unit itself when this happens? mine went 1400 on the cht when my 2 stroke got hot and stuck...used it once afterwards with a 4 cycle animal, temp was jumping all over with it on that motor, havent used it since...thx!

It is probably a loose 3 pin connector on the main board. Or it could have a broken pin. You can send it to us and we get it repaired. If we have to replace the connector is 17.00 plus return UPS. Normal turnaround is a couple of days.

AiM Sports SE
1636 B 9th Street SE
Roanoke, VA 24013

It is probably a loose 3 pin connector on the main board. Or it could have a broken pin. You can send it to us and we get it repaired. If we have to replace the connector is 17.00 plus return UPS. Normal turnaround is a couple of days.

AiM Sports SE
1636 B 9th Street SE
Roanoke, VA 24013
ill send it to you...thanks for your reply! :)

AiM Sports SE
1636 B 9th Street SE
Roanoke, VA 24013
These guys provide excelant, fast, service and seem to really enjoy what they do.

I have an old 3 that was working fine then one day just started reading erratically. I called about it and they invited me to send it in but told me up front they probably couldnt fix it. I believe these havent been made since the 90's and Mychron has been trying to tell us for years that new parts for them havent been produced for quite a while. On top of that, the virus deal really hit hard in Italy and daged near shut the country down.

Back