Mychron or Alfano ??

Mychron. Around here you will see 20 mychron for very Alfono. I don't have any experience with the current Alfono but from what I have heard Mychron stands behind their stuff and takes care of their customers. That alone was enough to make my decision.

Alot of race teams are switching over to Alfano due to the apps and/or data analysis, which seem to be superior to MyChron at the moment. Not knocking the MyChron, its awesome. But I think Alfano has spent more time and effort developing dummy proof apps to intergrate and make pulling data much easier. I'm sure MyChron will catch up, but they haven't yet; so their at a temporary disadvantage until they do as far as race teams are concerned.

I own the Alfano 6, and I love it. The MyChron is great too though. Its just starting to show its age as far as technological advancements go in this day and age of iPhones, tablets, and shinny do dads. . .

Alot of race teams are switching over to Alfano due to the apps and/or data analysis, which seem to be superior to MyChron at the moment. Not knocking the MyChron, its awesome. But I think Alfano has spent more time and effort developing dummy proof apps to intergrate and make pulling data much easier. I'm sure MyChron will catch up, but they haven't yet; so their at a temporary disadvantage until they do as far as race teams are concerned.

I own the Alfano 6, and I love it. The MyChron is great too though. Its just starting to show its age as far as technological advancements go in this day and age of iPhones, tablets, and shinny do dads. . .
Where do you send them in the US for repairs?

I would think, you will send it to the same place of your 2 year old tv, refrigerator, and cook stove, to the land fill. It's a throw away world.
The Alfano is near 500 new, if it goes on the fritz 2 weeks after purchase ill be sending it in for warranty repairs, For Mychron, Mychron Mike is a member here and has been, or he was, and its shipped to Roanoke VA, repairs are fast and turn around time is also, Alfano? not so much.
And if youre throwing those appliances away after 2 years quit buying cheap products

We ran an Alfono for a while and it worked fine, in fact it was almost overkill for the circle track racing we do. Very nice unit but we were more comfortable with the Mychron 4. And at the time it was bought it was quite a bit less expensive then the Mychrons.

My Alfano works fine, haven't needed to repair it, so I have no idea where I would send it honestly. My local track is a vendor for them, so I think I'd have local support if it was needed. My Alfano 6 cost me $390 with free shipping from Augusta Motorsports. Use their coupon code (AM2020) and it can be had for $340. I did have to spend an additonal $75 for the cylinder head temp sensor. The unit is pretty sturdy feeling, so I don't foresee any quality issues associated with it. Time will tell, but so far I'm happy with it.

I will echo what others have said. At my local track there are 30 MyChrons for every 1 Alfano. But alot of folks are inquisitive when they see mine as it seems alot of people are looking to upgrade from their older Mychrons. But like I said, I'm not knocking the MyChron because they are awesome too. I just opted for the Alfano as that is what alot of sprint race teams are switching too.

Alfano6.JPG

Last edited:
My Alfano works fine, haven't needed to repair it, so I have no idea where I would send it honestly. My local track is a vendor for them, so I think I'd have local support if it was needed. My Alfano 6 cost me $390 with free shipping from Augusta Motorsports. Use their coupon code and it can be had for $340. I did have to spend an additonal $75 for the cylinder head temp sensor. The unit is pretty sturdy feeling, so I don't foresee any quality issues associated with it. Time will tell, but so far I'm happy with it.

I will echo what others have said. At my local track there are 30 MyChrons for every 1 Alfano. But alot of folks are inquisitive when they see mine as it seems alot of people are looking to upgrade from their older Mychrons. But like I said, I'm not knocking the MyChron because they are awesome too. I just opted for the Alfano as that is what alot of race teams are switching too.

View attachment 14926
Go to a dirt oval race and look how many you'll see.
In the dirt world things happen to tach, I know for sure who to send mine to for repairs, sounds like its a question for you

Go to a dirt oval race and look how many you'll see.
In the dirt world things happen to tach, I know for sure who to send mine to for repairs, sounds like its a question for you
I know you are being rhetorical but any authorized dealer will help with that. It’s not as painful as you make it out to be.

I know you are being rhetorical but any authorized dealer will help with that. It’s not as painful as you make it out to be.
Really? Because I searched for alfano repairs, my guess if you call the dealer and you tell them you need one repaired they are going to send you to alfano, and that will be all the help you get

Really? Because I searched for alfano repairs, my guess if you call the dealer and you tell them you need one repaired they are going to send you to alfano, and that will be all the help you get

Maybe you need a better dealer? We take good care of our customers. We take it so far as to keep a spare Alfano 6 to loan to customers while we work out the repair for them. “Your guess” on how support would look may be how some people do it, but you’re just making assumptions. That’s not a good way to make recommendations to people.

Maybe you need a better dealer? We take good care of our customers. We take it so far as to keep a spare Alfano 6 to loan to customers while we work out the repair for them. “Your guess” on how support would look may be how some people do it, but you’re just making assumptions. That’s not a good way to make recommendations to people.
Just put an order in with a shop for the alfano 6 looking forward to the upgrade !

So you don't know where you have to send it for repair? Because all I see is a sales pitch.
And you aren't the only dealer for them

So you don't know where you have to send it for repair? Because all I see is a sales pitch.
And you aren't the only dealer for them

Actually, I do. Like I said, I took care of it for my customer. In fact, the one time I had to do it, Alfano replaced the whole unit with a new one for free. Again, quit making assumptions on things you know nothing about.

I'm not here to argue that Alfano is better than Mychron. I agree with you that Mychron's repair procedure is top notch. I wish every product and every item in my life went that smoothly. I'm just trying to correct your "guess" that Alfano is harder or doesn't stand behind their product.

Now, I will agree that some dealers are not as helpful as others. But the same is true with Mychrons, engines, clutches, chassis, etc. If you want to talk about dealer support, helpfulness, and how to pick a good dealer, that would be a whole different conversation. Lets just say I would guess you would never buy an engine off ebay? And I would never buy an Alfano or Mychron off there either...

Actually, I do. Like I said, I took care of it for my customer. In fact, the one time I had to do it, Alfano replaced the whole unit with a new one for free. Again, quit making assumptions on things you know nothing about.

I'm not here to argue that Alfano is better than Mychron. I agree with you that Mychron's repair procedure is top notch. I wish every product and every item in my life went that smoothly. I'm just trying to correct your "guess" that Alfano is harder or doesn't stand behind their product.

Now, I will agree that some dealers are not as helpful as others. But the same is true with Mychrons, engines, clutches, chassis, etc. If you want to talk about dealer support, helpfulness, and how to pick a good dealer, that would be a whole different conversation. Lets just say I would guess you would never buy an engine off ebay? And I would never buy an Alfano or Mychron off there either...
All that BS and you still haven't answered my question directly, what you would do is a non factor, because if a racer is left on his own, there is still no clear instructions where to send a unit, that in itself would deter me from buying

Back