Mychron4 does not indicate any RPM

jeroen.kemps

I am currently having problems with the Mychron4, it does not indicate any RPM. It does switch on automatically when the engine is started, which leads me to believe that the rpm sensor is functioning correctly.

Unfortunately, replacing the sensor cable or holding the unit against the spark plug cable does not help.

The unit has firmware release v31.59.24, not the latest version. I use the Mychron 4 on a kart with a 2 stroke Rotax engine, the rpm sensor is wrapped around the spark plug cable. Unfortunately, I have no datakey to upgrade or refresh the firmware.

I therefore have the following questions :

1. Do these problems occur often with the Mychron4 and if so what is usually the cause ?
2. What is the probability that the hardware is faulty, e.g. a defective circuit board ?
3. Can a firmware upgrade or firmware refreshing possibly solve the problem, what is your experience with this ? I would have to buy a datakey first, it would be a pity if I ordered the key and the upgrade of the firmware would not solve the problem either.
4. Is it possible to factory reset the unit, if so how to do it ?

I have not heard of anyone having your issue but havent been doing this terrible long.

My advice is to send it to AIM, they are cheap and quick about fixing issues.

No , not often no rpm . Firmware upgrade , doubtful .
I agree send it in . They will update firmware , full check up and quick turn around .

Back