Mychron5 GPS Problems

Dentman10

Just wondering if anyone with a Mychron5 has experienced this? My laps don't line up and there is no way to really compare them.
IMG_4360.png
Screenshot 2020-11-09 120708.png

Unless you hit each point of the track at the exact same spot every lap which is nearly impossible, it will never match up perfectly.

I understand they won't be exact but 25 feet apart is ridiculous. My buddies have the same Mychron5 and theirs doesn't
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 6.18.06 PM.png
do that, neither did my last one. Here is an example of what comes out of my buddies. This is what it's supposed to look like.

Ours do it on ovals at certain times of the day, heck sometimes it shows the kart off the track lol. I’m guessing you’ve updated it ?

Ours do it on ovals at certain times of the day, heck sometimes it shows the kart off the track lol. I’m guessing you’ve updated it ?
yes, all up to date. I guess I will try it one more time and see if it improves. If not I'll just send it in and have them take a look at it. Thank you for the reply!

First, GPS is not accurate enough to replicate driving lines within more than a few feet. However, as far as yours are off, I would send it back to AIM and have them check it out. Unfortunatly, the Mychron 5 seems to have more issues then the 4, bit AIM will usually work really hard to make it right. If you attend an event that AIM supports, they will often rebuild / fix gauges right on site for free.

Back