MyChron5 vs 5S

Spam1971

I have purchased a MyChron5, but saw the 5S after the fact. Is the difference between the two significant enough to return the 5 and order a 5S? The price seems to be the same, so that is not an issue.

I just wondered if the performance of the unit was better. GPS more accurate, wifi connection better, etc... I only want to buy one, and the S model is the same price. I am not interested in the 2T model, which cost the extra 100$.

I could not tell a difference back to back. Just a newer model. It does supposedly have better GPS accuracy, but I never noticed a difference.

**Warning: this is a shameless plug**

Take a look at the Alfano 6 if you want the latest/greatest at the cheapest price. They are a very fine piece for the 206 class and can be gotten for only $390 through Ghost Racing Engines (812-565-2209) or many other fine retailers. As capable as the Mychron 5 for most 206 racers and includes an app to view/review data on your phone.

https://www.facebook.com/ghostracingengines

I could not tell a difference back to back. Just a newer model. It does supposedly have better GPS accuracy, but I never noticed a difference.

**Warning: this is a shameless plug**

Take a look at the Alfano 6 if you want the latest/greatest at the cheapest price. They are a very fine piece for the 206 class and can be gotten for only $390 through Ghost Racing Engines (812-565-2209) or many other fine retailers. As capable as the Mychron 5 for most 206 racers and includes an app to view/review data on your phone.

https://www.facebook.com/ghostracingengines
Thanks. MyChron5 is due in the mail tomorrow, so I will stick with it.

Better gps reception is the upgrade with the 5s. This may not matter if your currently track location has good reception but somewhere with questionable reception may see an accuracy benefit.

Getting a lot of noise when it hits the rev limiter on the 5s. I have seen RPM's at 6595 but have been assured by the engine guy that it's all noise from hitting the limiter and that it's not running over the 6100. Anyone have a fix? Thanks in advance

Back