Mycron 3 vs 4

The 4 will show you rpm drops with lap playback function. You can get by with a 3, but a 4 does help when working with junior drivers.

It will be for me. I had 4's with my sons mainly because I always forgot to turn them on before they went out LOL. All I really ever looked at was lap time and max RPM. I want to try and learn more this time around though.

One small tip on using the 4....pay no attention to max rpm, look at lap times vs rpm. Max rpm could be easily be higher because of wheel spin or other issues. Look at fastest laps and adjust gearing according to those rpms.

the 3 can do lap playback and be programmed for RPM drop also. I bought a 4 just to be able to put a tach wrap on it, for the racing I do either or works fine.

Just an FYI, some local electronics repair stores can repair mychrons. I had the local vocational school electician class fix mine for free as a lesson for the students, its nothing more than circuit boards, transistors, everything you would find in other electronics from what I was told. They also repaired a temp lead for me. This was with a Mychron 3

Back