Mycron 4 help

Thebullracing

Hey guys I have a problem. Both the mycrons on both of my karts are now just reading total time ran and I'm almost positive the rpm is not right either. Anybody had this problem or know how to help? Thanks.

mine is doing the same thing also. Next time I run I was going to put a different lap sensor on and see if mine went bad somehow.

For the time:
1. Make sure that your minimum lap time is not set too high.
2. Make sure that your knee or something else isn't blocking the sensor.
3. Make sure the plug is secure and the indent is up.

For the RPM:
1. Make sure the wire isn't rattling around against anything or in conduit.
2. If running animal make sure it isn't too close to the boot. Sometimes the coil is too strong and they work better moved back a bit.
3. Make sure the RPM wire is not run alongside the heat wire or other wires. They cause interference.

If all this fails send it to AIM and they will update the firmware and diagnose it for you. You only pay for parts and they are top notch!

Lap time: If you are tall and in a flat kart you are probably blocking it. I always had to mount mine on the top of the side panel on the beacon side.

RPM: if you have the RPM wire inside of something then take it out. Then tape or zip tie it along the way to the mycron where practical to keep it from bouncing around. Also keep it as far away from the other leads as practical.

I would focus on the lap times first. Then you will have a much better idea if the lap times are a problem. Right now your getting the high and low for the entire run which isn't very useful if you ring the tires or something one lap. You may find the RPMs look right after you get the lap times working.

Back