Mycron mounting

Most track put the beacon on the inside of the track around, here so most guys have them on the body just behind Left front tire, some have them top of steering fairing.

If you go to different tracks, you might want to mount your pick-up so that you can easily rotate it (inside or outside). I mount ours on the steering column fairing bracket or off of the top of the upper steering block. You can also use two sided sticky tape if you need to mount it differently in a hurry, or you go from one track to the next back to back each weekend and get tired of loosening/tightening mounting bolts. :)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If you go to different tracks, you might want to mount your pick-up so that you can easily rotate it (inside or outside). I mount ours on the steering column fairing bracket or off of the top of the upper steering block. You can also use two sided sticky tape if you need to mount it differently in a hurry, or you go from one track to the next back to back each weekend and get tired of loosening/tightening mounting bolts. :)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Could you send a picture of your set up?

Use the 3M Auto/Body tape (the one with red plastic separating the roll layers.)
Taping the pickup to the top of the Mychron works well.
Our cable length made it a tight fit when mounting out on the body.

Use the 3M Auto/Body tape (the one with red plastic separating the roll layers.)
Taping the pickup to the top of the Mychron works well.
Our cable length made it a tight fit when mounting out on the body.

I lengthened the cable on ours. On the champ it is mounted to the cage tube where it comes up in the front right behind the left front tire. On the flat karts it is mounted inside the body on the left front and shoots through a hole drilled in the body.

Back