n

too much LS%, not enough Nose%, and no where near enough cross, almost seems theres something wrong with that number, you sure the RF/LR show 39.5 cross?

i run a 2018 recon. my scale numbers are Left 60.5 Front 45 Cross 39.5, bite 3 i run on a very small tract 1 10th of a mile. a little banking, pretty tight turns hairpin ....... I'm a little tight in the center of the turn..... what can you guys suggest for me.
What class an weight are you running ?

i run a 2018 recon. my scale numbers are Left 60.5 Front 45 Cross 39.5, bite 3 i run on a very small tract 1 10th of a mile. a little banking, pretty tight turns hairpin ....... I'm a little tight in the center of the turn..... what can you guys suggest for me.
Sounds like a stupid question, but were you sitting in the kart when you scaled it? Were your scales on a relatively level area? Do you have your tires at race pressure and stagger?

I'm guessing you measured cross with the LF/RR instead of the way most do it, which is RF/LR. I'm guessing you have dang near 71% cross.

Strange numbers!! The weights may be off, but the % are right.

Attachments

• sho900.jpg
    sho900.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 29
Thank you for the responses...... i decided to re scaling tonight in about 2 hours from now.... i will be back with the numbers.... My friend is brining the scales back and we will check for the levelest ground make sure we didn't make a mistake somewhere.....i will be back thanks again.

Here is my numbers again... Left 60.4 Front 45.3 Cross 41.1 total weight 392

Tire Pressures--- LF 15 RF 5 LR 6 RR 8.5

Stagger------- LF 37.5 RF 37 LR 37 1/4 RR 39 1/4

i run on a very small bull ring track with tight turns, some banking and bite in the track

im no professional but Lf needs to be smaller than rf, and 2" of stagger in rear maybe to much but the smart guys will chime in!
Tire pressures seem crazy to me also, but very curious what everyone else has to say

i run on a very small bull ring track with tight turns, some banking and bite in the track
First things first. Tire pressure should be Left tires 5psi, right tires 6, or 6.5psi. Remember this is just for consistent scaling.

Stagger: you're ok on the back, 2" is manageable. You need to have your right front at least an inch bigger than the left front.

My thoughts on baseline numbers, I'm not an expert but just a guess at the ballpark. Your left should be more like 57-58. Nose weight should be 46, and cross should be around 60-63%.

I'm still baffled at 41% cross as it stands.

You've got to be kidding!! 5% rear bite, when the rest of the world is running 100 to 200%. I'm skeptical!

when i put 6 psi on the left side tires and 8 psi on the right side tires my numbers changed to total weight 392
Left side 61.3 Front 45.2 Cross 53

when i put 6 psi on the left side tires and 8 psi on the right side tires my numbers changed to total weight 392
Left side 61.3 Front 45.2 Cross 53
Set your pressures to either 5 and 6, or 6 and 7 and measure your staggers again.

53% cross is getting warmer.

Back