n

too much LS%, not enough Nose%, and no where near enough cross, almost seems theres something wrong with that number, you sure the RF/LR show 39.5 cross?
yes sir. i scaled the next day and the cross went to

Last edited:
First re-stagger the front tires get 1 1/2 " front or real close, then set air at 5lb lefts and six pounds right and rescale it, lower left a little to 59.5 %, nose at 45.5 % is ok for that chassis and weight class, 63% cross would be ideal but get at least 60 %, you've not mentioned cambers ,
RF set at 2.6 neg and LF at .5 pos make sure there set before you check where your numbers are at, every time you make an adjustment you need to go back over everything and tweak adjustments.

First re-stagger the front tires get 1 1/2 " front or real close, then set air at 5lb lefts and six pounds right and rescale it, lower left a little to 59.5 %, nose at 45.5 % is ok for that chassis and weight class, 63% cross would be ideal but get at least 60 %, you've not mentioned cambers ,
RF set at 2.6 neg and LF at .5 pos make sure there set before you check where your numbers are at, every time you make an adjustment you need to go back over everything and tweak adjustments.
Ken did you read the part about running mower tires ? No way he's going to get the numbers. I have played with these big tire karts.

Ken did you read the part about running mower tires ? No way he's going to get the numbers. I have played with these big tire karts.
No I haven't but he's there with left and nose, and with 5 & 6 air at 53 % cross with NO front stagger figured adding the stagger will get it even closer and was hoping he still had some washers to move.

Something told me Turf tires were the case . The stagger issue still stands as does air .
With that set up I would be willing to go reverse caster .
Without changing the stagger in front .

With that much stagger, and no bite in the rear end, what's causing The kart to push??
no weight to transfer to make stagger effective. Weight is already sitting on lf/rr.
Cornering just removes more weight from the lr, which is already ineffective, because of no load. Rf has no load to make traction there either.
Because of the way chassis is loaded, most weight from transfer ends up on the rr. (stiffer spring gets the weight)

Traction theory 101

Here is my numbers again... Left 60.4 Front 45.3 Cross 41.1 total weight 392

Tire Pressures--- LF 15 RF 5 LR 6 RR 8.5

Stagger------- LF 37.5 RF 37 LR 37 1/4 RR 39 1/4

i run on a very small bull ring track with tight turns, some banking and bite in the track
I gotta know what got you running those air pressures ?

I gotta know what got you running those air pressures

My friend did.... we kept tweaking at each race and the kart seemed to handle pretty good so i just stuck with them. I don't know any better .........higher air pressure on the left front helps it turn in good.... the 5 in the RF helps it grip and so does the 8 RR.... i know the air pressures are crazy but it sort of works out... i think my other problem is my tire sizes. my RF is smaller than my LF .... i tried a taller RF and it pushed bad.........i need to get the correct size tires with the correct pressures and hope that my percentages will improve if not i may have a bent kart. those are my thoughts

I would get rid of that 39.5 tire and atleast try to make all close to the same if you cant size the tires.
Thats another option .
Standard scale numbers and setups are not transferable .
If you find similar sized tires ( as slicks) you would have a better chance .

I would get rid of that 39.5 tire and atleast try to make all close to the same if you cant size the tires.
i have another RR to replace the 39.5 but its a little more than an inch smaller around.. so that will close my rear stagger to hardly nothing. 3/4 of an inch of rear stagger..... also i can put another right front on.... 38 in and my left will be 37 in if i deflate it down to 5 lbs

Last edited:
Back