Narrow tire vs Wide tire on RF???

Punisher17

I know the trend is to run a wide RF in all cases. We run grooved tires and I was just wanting some opinions on running a narrow tire on the RF. We are running grooved D20 Hoosiers. What should I expect the kart to do different if we try it???

i have wondered that too on a 10' wheel since almost half of the tire isn't even touching the ground with 3 to 3 1/2 degrees of negative camber?

Back in my early days of dirt oval i ran an 8 on left front ,straight rail couldnt get cross in it,,ran good won several races , just saying that unorthodox methods do work sometimes

May be completely wrong here, I'm still pretty green but as I understand it.....the camber make more of your tire grab, not less, it works against the kart trying to bicycle in the corners, right?
Since the left front is narrow and carries much less weight (more so through a turn) the right front I believe would be doing most of the turning. A narrow right front would take away turning traction and I think the kart would push very hard. I don't think it would work well on dirt at all, again just my opinion

I have seen a few guys make the narrow tires work on an offset converted caged kart. I haven't tried it myself. I would like to try it but I have a hell of a time getting my nose and cross weight up unless I run a 12/9 up there just for the roll out. A lot of guys with the QRC karts run the smaller fronts

i have wondered that too on a 10' wheel since almost half of the tire isn't even touching the ground with 3 to 3 1/2 degrees of negative camber?

At speed with 3* of RF camber, almost all the tire touches the racing surface, unless its a low bite track, then id go with like 2.5*- 2.75*.
Different karts will vary, this is just a typical type todays kart with the correct set up. Some require more, some less. This is also Maxxis tire im using for the example.

Back