Nascar

flattop1

Dawg 89
A. Little odd with no fans .
It was better then no race and definitely better then i racing .
Happy Harvick wins .

no fans? so its the same as it was before the virus? lol
It was like they were racing at a ghost town. It may have just been me but it seemed like they were just creeping along. The sense of speed was just not there. It also took close to 4 hours to get it all in.

no fans? so its the same as it was before the virus? lol

dehurrrrr hurrr harr hurr...haven't heard that one....i thought you quit watching NASCAR years ago?

I thought all things considering it was a good show. Announcers didnt miss a beat, even being in Charlotte. Glad some racing is back on TV

dehurrrrr hurrr harr hurr...haven't heard that one....i thought you quit watching NASCAR years ago?

I thought all things considering it was a good show. Announcers didnt miss a beat, even being in Charlotte. Glad some racing is back on TV
Havent watched in years, watched some great latemodel practice Saturday though

Then how would you know there were "no fans before the virus?"

Never will understand why people want NASCAR to fail so badly.
Personally, I don't want Nazicar to fail, I just want them pull their heads out of the sand and realize that they have lost what made them so great. It wasn't "close racing", it wasn't major sponsors, it was the drivers. They had personality, they weren't afraid to lose a sponsor by calling somebody out for being a donkey on the track. Guys like Sr. Petty, Pearson, the Labontes, DW, Schrader, etc. They were racers not TV pretty boys.

They also were in the hay-day of the pavement racing with the car from 2004-2008. 850 to 900hp, a fair amount of grip, not so aero dependent, they had to be driven not just steered. I'm all for driver safety but they ruined the sport to try to get some of it. Its just a shame to see it fall from grace.

With that said I think we are in the hay-day of dirt racing. At the top levels of dirt oval with the WoO sprint cars, and late models, the Lucas late models and such, I see a sport that is flourishing and gaining national attention. Drivers with attitudes, wicked fast machines doing things that seem impossible. The technology is taking off like a wild fire, and so far there aren't too many rules to keep them from being able to race. If they start to add stupid rules, major dirt racing will go the way of Nascar and fall out of the popularity they have now.

Then how would you know there were "no fans before the virus?"

Never will understand why people want NASCAR to fail so badly.
It was discussed many different places many times, since I live close to Bristol cant help but see it on the local news.
I dont want them to fail, i just dont care if they do

Personally, I don't want Nazicar to fail, I just want them pull their heads out of the sand and realize that they have lost what made them so great. It wasn't "close racing", it wasn't major sponsors, it was the drivers. They had personality, they weren't afraid to lose a sponsor by calling somebody out for being a donkey on the track. Guys like Sr. Petty, Pearson, the Labontes, DW, Schrader, etc. They were racers not TV pretty boys.

They also were in the hay-day of the pavement racing with the car from 2004-2008. 850 to 900hp, a fair amount of grip, not so aero dependent, they had to be driven not just steered. I'm all for driver safety but they ruined the sport to try to get some of it. Its just a shame to see it fall from grace.

With that said I think we are in the hay-day of dirt racing. At the top levels of dirt oval with the WoO sprint cars, and late models, the Lucas late models and such, I see a sport that is flourishing and gaining national attention. Drivers with attitudes, wicked fast machines doing things that seem impossible. The technology is taking off like a wild fire, and so far there aren't too many rules to keep them from being able to race. If they start to add stupid rules, major dirt racing will go the way of Nascar and fall out of the popularity they have now.
Late model racing has evolved as well .
They in no way represent the late model racing of the 60's .
The fact they race on dirt is about it .
A tube frame car with some tin dzus fastened on . They in no way represent a current model car or even a ten year old car .
Politically correct is the new normal , money drives the train .
No way safety ruined the sport . Pit road speed limits took some pizaz out of pit road but was a major safety improvment .
The talent and attitude are still there . It looks easy .
Although some still lack the talent part .
Television made huge improvments in that same time frame with almost every home having cable tv .
Did you ever see Chris Economki on wide world of sports ?
Good racing and coverage over air tv .

Late model racing has evolved as well .
They in no way represent the late model racing of the 60's .
The fact they race on dirt is about it .
A tube frame car with some tin dzus fastened on . They in no way represent a current model car or even a ten year old car .
Politically correct is the new normal , money drives the train .
No way safety ruined the sport . Pit road speed limits took some pizaz out of pit road but was a major safety improvment .
The talent and attitude are still there . It looks easy .
Although some still lack the talent part .
Television made huge improvments in that same time frame with almost every home having cable tv .
Did you ever see Chris Economki on wide world of sports ?
Good racing and coverage over air tv .
I'm not saying late model racing hasn't evolved. I am actually saying that I think it is probably at the best it will ever be. I don't know how you could top the late models we have today from an excitement and race ability perspective. The safety didn't hurt the sport, the car they designed to incorporate it did. The COT and the current COT derivative are both dogs in my opinion. Since the COT came about the cars have been too simple to drive. Too much downforce, not enough engine.

The talent is debatable (insert Stenhouse on lap 1 yesterday), but there isn't nearly the attitude that the sport once had. I think of guys with attitude or personality I think of Kyle Busch and Harvick, and that's just about it. Everyone else is just an advertising face with no personality. TV has definitely changed the sport, as it would for dirt racing, I just hate that they chased the casual viewer instead of the die hard racers. Wide world of Sports was long gone by the time I was around. I do wish something like it or Thursday Night Thunder would come back.

Too easy to Drive . That perspective is from the lazy boy or actual experience? I have found once i start doing it , its not as easy as i rember it being . IE: At the scales after WKA practice . Couple guys were saying that #68 was parking it in the corner !
I thought I was doing fine ;)

Too easy to Drive . That perspective is from the lazy boy or actual experience? I have found once i start doing it , its not as easy as i rember it being . IE: At the scales after WKA practice . Couple guys were saying that #68 was parking it in the corner !
I thought I was doing fine ;)
If you ask several of the drivers, they will tell you. Both of the Busch brothers, Dale Jr., Hamlin, Larson, Elliot, etc.

Either way I took a good nap through the middle of the race sunday, and when I got back to watching not much had changed.

Hee Hee Hee. Yea it easy enough , even Stenhouse can do it .
Not very well , but he manages .
At any rate I enjoy it and enjoy watching .

Even if I am not a big fun of NASCAR, especially of this NASCAR, I would love some of the all time NASCAR. And in my case yes, I have watched races and have attended races too, but the most boring race I have ever watched in my life was a recent NASCAR race at Charlotte, believe me. Not that Formula 1 is much more fun nowadays either.

Back