NASCAR?

Has nascar put the final proverbial nail in the coffin?
I think it is entirely possible. Seems they have lost their roots for the pursuit of money. The racing is decent most of the time, they just aren't doing what they always did, which was sticking to racing. There is no politics on the track, only winners and losers.

Yes they have. It would be a good time to open an asphalt racing league or for one not owned by Nascar to step up and do this right. I love watching CRA ARCA & Southern Super Series racing. NASCAR has become so boring and has been for awhile. Super speedways and road courses suck. It seems all the tracks they race are those or 1.5 mile cookie cutter tracks.

I dont, but when it makes the Knoxville news channel I watch, its kinda hard to ignore.
watching local news isnt following, get a clue

That’s what you said last time about Bristol lol.

Just admit it, you can’t not watch

That’s what you said last time about Bristol lol.

Just admit it, you can’t not watch
Dude, I live just about an hour from Bristol, in Va. The local news covers both Bristol and Martinsville, and with no other sports to talk about Mark Packer talks nascar

So how is this a nail in the coffin for them?

For me, the same reason I no longer watch professional football; I tune in to see a sporting event, not political commentary. Both the participants and the governing bodies can do their political commentary on their own time. Others may feel differently on that general issue, so YMMV.

I just saw on local news NASCAR wants 30,000 fans for the all star race in Bristol. Should be interesting to see if they get that, or if the state lets them have that many.

I don't think they are allowing fans yet .
It was not much of a race .
Miami has never been an exciting track to start with .
No practice makes it interesting .
Talladega has the potential to be a good race .

NASCAR will blame the low attendance in the future on the covid.

NASCAR is dead!! I called and cancelled my family’s darlington tickets and the sales rep said she has been dealing with people canceling non stop.

I don't think they are allowing fans yet .
It was not much of a race .
Miami has never been an exciting track to start with .
No practice makes it interesting .
Talladega has the potential to be a good race .
Yeah it was free to military first responders fire police and general fans

JMHO... When you worry more about "political correctness" and "not being racist" than supporting your fan base and their ideals you pretty much pushed your support away for good. I said goodbye to the NFL years ago, this time it isn't very hard to say goodbye trashcar. There is
no room for politics in sports.

I've gone "downunder" for my fix. The Australian Supercar series just keeps getting better.

I too have been a long time fan. I started loading interest when they started stage race. Its like handing out trophies for showing up.
I dont know I just like old school winston cup racing. Now I'll go pay 20 bucks at a local dirt track eat some dust and watch some real racing.
Now as far as Kyle Larson, I can only imagine that he's just having fun racing without all the b.s.
Jmo

Back