NC Outlaw Tour Modified Opens Idea...

Ted Hamilton

Helmet Painter / Racer
Wondered if there would be any interest in a touring series with the following rules:

RWYB engines, 5" or 6" rim dia. tires, no driver enclosures on flat karts. No minimum weight, 400# max combined.

I'd have 3 classes -- Flat karts, Champ karts, Winged Outlaws. Basically it's like the PA Wings series, only including champs and flats in their own division.

$50 entry fees, $1000+ payback per race (400,300,200 guaranteed, rest split evenly among entrants)

Heat 1 by draw, inverted Heat 2, LCQ, 30 lap feature. Top 18 to feature, 2 xfer from LCQ

Would be run as 3 classes only....no novice, no stock, no sticker-only....just 3 open classes.

Track would be prepped wet/heavy and reconditioned before the features...

Thoughts?

It occurs to me that someone might read this and think I'm trying to compete with the UAS....not so. I just want to know what what people are looking for in a series, and thought a combo series with UAS might work and consolidate the raceday instead of 500 karts.... :) What would you change? What would you keep the same? Do you prefer UAS or RWYB? Rules changes for UAS are moot until 2015, but discussion would be good.....

I'd prefer daytime racing occasionally to get home at a reasonable hour too.....

Consolidated schedule, home at decent hour, and a watered track all sound like fun to me if you can pull it off.

No weight limits was something I considered........ But at what point does a kart become unsafely heavy?
And my rationale for entry fee and payback is $50 x 20 = 1000....plus any sponsorship money that gets added in. Of course that doesn't count track rental, insurance, and timing/scoring.

need a weight rule. I would like to see some type of limited outlaw type class. a stepping stone between stock and uas. I would give the guys with open briggs, animals, clones, stars and other stock based engines a place to run. there are a lot of them out there, but they can't keep up with the 450's, sudams, jawas, and other more exotic power plants that are winning in uas right now.

need a weight rule. I would like to see some type of limited outlaw type class. a stepping stone between stock and uas. I would give the guys with open briggs, animals, clones, stars and other stock based engines a place to run. there are a lot of them out there, but they can't keep up with the 450's, sudams, jawas, and other more exotic power plants that are winning in uas right now.

I run a limited outlaw class with the scuas if u need to know more call me at 828 446 0606 Kent

I agree with Road Dog. What about the XL & XXL drivers? Instead of a min. kart weight, how about a min. driver weight without helments and race jackets? 200# & 250# respectively? there are alot of us larger drivers that want to go fast too.

I don't mean any offense, but us little guys would love to play football, but body types are what they are.... I hate driver weight rule creep. Racing's one of the few things my body type is well suited for, horseback riding also. I say put all karts on a diet with less bodywork, etc. and make 'em safer by less inertia.

Ted I would challenge you that most of us drivers over 6 foot tall are over 400 pounds at the scales on our best day. Limiting to 400 pounds is crazy, unless you want this to be a kids class. A 190 pound driver is going to be hard pressed to come in under 400 pounds on any chassis. Good luck with the series though.

If you really want to set a maximum weight, then think about 435. That way you could attract the guys running the bigger engines within the UAS as well.

Back