Nebraska Fri Night Karts

LSS has tried Saturday nights and nobody shows up.. Everyone who wants a Saturday night show can blame themselves for not supporting LSS when they tried it..

1. How about 2-6 on Sundays? Folks may be winding things down?
2. How about 10-2 on Saturdays? Folks might be too tired from Fri night?

LSS is an awesome track w multiple lines and wiiiiide sweeping turns! The pits could use a lot of work, but the track is awesome!

Just guessing but most folks are probably at the "big car" races on Sat nights, hence the poor response. It's a bummer that Fri is the only time that seems to work, which of course draws down kart counts for both tracks.

Last year LSS promoted a Saturday night race and then cancelled it, but ran the Friday night race. Numerous karts from Eagle showed up to race that Friday night because Eagle had cancelled due to rain. The Saturday race was never made up or rescheduled. LSS then cancelled all of the non-point fall races that people were planning to run in an attempt to try the track for the first time. People have asked for years for the track to run Saturday BECAUSE THEY WANT TO RUN THERE ON SATURDAY. With LSS only running 2 weeks per month this year, why not run the other two weeks each month on Saturday night and see what you get?

LSS is a great track, but the only time we see enthusiasm or promotion for it is prior to the Turkey Chase and it appears to just be a money grab. They want all of the kart racers for that event, but don't really care the rest of the year. The schedule comes out late, nobody answers questions on social media, and when they do it seems as though you are wasting their time by asking a question. That is not Jody's issue, that is the owner's issue. Jody runs a good program, he just needs help from the Kosiski's. It is just crazy that we have two tracks within 10 miles running on the same night. Work together and run a combined point series with the champion having the highest total points when combining points at both tracks. There has to be a better way...

im not tryin to bash, only offering a view point that maybe is worth some consideration. where LSS seems to be dropping the ball is with partnering with 1-80 speedway in promotional events to help each other out. for example, why not have a "special" kart race the saturday morning/afternoon of the silver dollar nationals, where you get the likes of bloomquist, oneal, francis and owens to participate, with having a special drawing or awarding winners the chance to be honorary pit crew members for any of those drivers later that nite during the silver dollar nationals? could you imagine the looks on some young kids face if he got to stand in victory lane being a member of the crew of one of these teams, not even to mention the opportunity to race on the track with them in karts? you dont think that opportunity would fill the kart pits on that saturday morning/afternoon?

not trying to say this will solve all the issues, but, time has proven that money, points, trophies and all the "usual" fare simply arent cutting it for LSS, time to start thinking outside the box with something new. JMO

imo lss is there better track for racing flat karts there is more room to race we have been to both tracks karting is down in eastern Nebraska at least in the adult classes it would be great if someone would race on Saturday lss has offered good pay outs

Last year LSS promoted a Saturday night race and then cancelled it, but ran the Friday night race. Numerous karts from Eagle showed up to race that Friday night because Eagle had cancelled due to rain. The Saturday race was never made up or rescheduled. LSS then cancelled all of the non-point fall races that people were planning to run in an attempt to try the track for the first time. People have asked for years for the track to run Saturday BECAUSE THEY WANT TO RUN THERE ON SATURDAY. With LSS only running 2 weeks per month this year, why not run the other two weeks each month on Saturday night and see what you get?

LSS is a great track, but the only time we see enthusiasm or promotion for it is prior to the Turkey Chase and it appears to just be a money grab. They want all of the kart racers for that event, but don't really care the rest of the year. The schedule comes out late, nobody answers questions on social media, and when they do it seems as though you are wasting their time by asking a question. That is not Jody's issue, that is the owner's issue. Jody runs a good program, he just needs help from the Kosiski's. It is just crazy that we have two tracks within 10 miles running on the same night. Work together and run a combined point series with the champion having the highest total points when combining points at both tracks. There has to be a better way...

LSS ran multiple show on Saturday for the last 2 years.. I know because I was at the shows.. along with about 7 other people total. In fact one time, there were so few karts that I put a restrictor in and ran with the Jr. 2s.. Jody and Ken tried Saturday a few times and all of the "Saturday Supporters" of Bob's were no where to be found.

I think everyone can agree that LSS as a race track is better in nearly every way than Eagle, but for some reason, they would rather go to Eagle every week and then complain about how they like LSS better in the off season. I've seen it for the last few years..

I am directly talking about last year. Two Saturday shows were scheduled and then canceled. One for weather and the other because of "NASCAR in Kansas." I would not say that LSS is better as a track, it is different. Sweeping turns and probably better for flat karts, maybe not for cage karts. Very one has their opinions. The pits need some work and the "customer service" could be better. Running one or two Saturday races is not a way to measure interest. It has to be decided early (in November) and then PROMOTED so people can plan ahead. The combination of three or four engines in some classes is a mess and deters people also.

I am all about solutions and would like to see multiple racing opportunities for everyone in this area. LSS would not lose any kart to Eagle by racing on Saturday, but they would gain numerous karts from Eagle that want to race a second night per week. When we raced at LSS last year the kart count was so bad classes had to be combined to have a race. I know I am beating a dead horse, but it would just be nice to race local two nights per week.

Back