Necessary extras for track

I’m racing a quarter mile asphalt track in a predator series. I’m curious on what extra parts, pieces, tools etc you all make sure to have with you every time you go to the track? I’m hoping to run my first race soon and

I’m racing a quarter mile asphalt track in a predator series. I’m curious on what extra parts, pieces, tools etc you all make sure to have with you every time you go to the track? I’m hoping to run my first race soon and
I dont know a darn thing about asphalt racing, but I always have my impact with a spare battery, 2 of every wrench I need, my generator and air compressor, and lots of water.

extra bolts. try to have some extra side cover bolts for the predator i've had issues with them backing out so i don't leave for the track without some extras.

In all actuality though anything that you can lose or break is good to have a spare for. Wheel nuts maybe an extra dozen, spare safety clips, spare chain, gear guards, gear hub, brake line and fluid with fittings, throttle cable etc. Don’t forget batteries for your tach etc. I probably take too much stuff but I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Extra lug nuts, throttle clevis, small allen wrench for it, spare clips for throttle and cross drilled bolts, spare carb gaskets, chain and breaker, clutch lube and spare clutch key, spare throttle cable..... Lord I could go on and on.

Nuts, bolts, safety clips, master links, chain, chain breaker, sprockets, clutch drums or gears, fuel, oil, container for used oil, brush or pad for tire prep, tire cleaning supplies, spark plugs, brake fluid, numbers, batteries for tach if it’s not rechargeable, tires, spindle and wheels bearings, axle lock collars.

From my perspective - spare plugs, oil, gears and chain. Spare wheels and tires if you have them.

Lots of great advice from previous posts - are you bringing the shop or working from a truck. We’ve done both. Each can be enjoyable and rewarding. If you have the space, bring all you have. 😁

we take a 10 lb. brass dead blow hammer, short 4 x 4, 4 x 6 wood blocks. a grease pencil, when ya just don't have alot of time to change an axle between classes.
Perfect solution . We bent one , no spare coke syrup . . Hydraulic jack between the nerf spud and axle . Wah la won that event

Try and leave your snap-on tools at home , they will get lost . A lots of extras need lots of space ( large trailer ) . Carry 1 or 2 extra bolts and nuts , clips , cotter pin that fit your kart , chain lube , brake clean , WD-40 , 1 extra chain , selection of gears for your track ( don't take 53 -100 if you are using 70's ) . Get a air tank or a battery powered air compressor , some battery powered lights if running at night . This is a minimum for the track , I started with a 4x8 flat trailer and a car . Fishing tackle boxes are good tool and parts boxes

Back