Necessary extras for track

Try and leave your snap-on tools at home , they will get lost . A lots of extras need lots of space ( large trailer ) . Carry 1 or 2 extra bolts and nuts , clips , cotter pin that fit your kart , chain lube , brake clean , WD-40 , 1 extra chain , selection of gears for your track ( don't take 53 -100 if you are using 70's ) . Get a air tank or a battery powered air compressor , some battery powered lights if running at night . This is a minimum for the track , I started with a 4x8 flat trailer and a car . Fishing tackle boxes are good tool and parts boxes
Thanks. I’ve got a 5x10 trailer that I’ll be using so this is great info. I was thinking I would have to load up my shop but I knew that would be overkill.

This is an older post but I will add a little information. Some of the things we make sure we always have with us.
Spare clutch. Spare engine if we have one which we usually do not. I use the plastic organizer boxes for parts. One has extra gears and bearings for the clutch, another for spare bearings. Wheel bearings, spindle bearings etc. I also carry in that organizer spare lug bolts and nuts for the wheel hubs. The third I carry small engine parts, spark plugs a new coil carb jets extra nuts and bolts for the engine. I carry another organizer with a variety of nuts, bolts, springs, washers about anything that I may ever need. I end up giving parts to people all of the time, everyone has found out that I carry extra parts. I also carry extra flywheel and clutch shaft keys! My clutch box has extra bearings spacers and snap rings. Then I carry a parts box where I keep an extra pull rope, extra exhaust pipe and muffler, an extra air filter, extra carb. The air filter and carb have come in handy on some very dusty dirty tracks! I carry a dozen antifreeze jugs full of water, a bucket and rags to clean tires with again for dirt tracks. A chain breaker and extra chain. I carry 2 or 3 extra chains. we have broken chains before, and have loaned chains to other racers before.
Tools I carry 2 boxes. One has my socket set the other has all the other tools. I carry 2 of every size of wrench metric and standard that the kart uses. I also carry a couple of crescent wrenches, allen wrenches, vice grips, screwdrivers, the usual run of wrenches. Also very important, a flashlight and telescoping magnet for those hard to find parts you drop! I carry wire cutters, tin snips and other cutting tools too. For extras, a roll of duct tape a container of zip ties and a roll of tie wire. Other tools, my 1/4 inch impact driver a drill and drill bits. I have a few extra tires that have the size marked on them, an air compressor and a valve core remover. I have a generator I keep in the trailer for the air compressor, lights and a fan or heater. Other odd things I carry that have been handy, extra oil, carb cleaner or brake parts cleaner, penetrating oil and ether starting fluid. I carry a few extra gaskets in case we have to pull something apart. I also keep extra fuel line and throttle linkage parts and extra lead pucks. The lead doesnt get used often, but we have been to tracks that the scales are off and have had to add a few pounds.
The final tools that we have used a lot, hammers and pry bars! We have enough room in our trailer and the back of the pickup that I can carry a lot of extras. I have a table and chairs I carry too just to make things easier. I forgot, I also carry an extra fuel pump. We have had to change pumps once or twice. You just never know what you might need! This past season a guy came to the track and during hot laps discovered that he forgot to tighten his bolt holding his clutch to the engine shaft. He was loading up to go home when I was able to give him a bolt, key and spacers to get onto the track. A few years ago we had a kart come up onto my sons tire and smash his air filter.

I forgot the two most important things in our trailer. Fire extinguisher and first aid kit. I mounted a tool box out of a pickup box to the tongue of our trailer to carry stuff. I was able to mount it so my bumper on my pickup won’t hit it when I turn, but it does make using the jack a pain!

This is an older post but I will add a little information. Some of the things we make sure we always have with us.
Spare clutch. Spare engine if we have one which we usually do not. I use the plastic organizer boxes for parts. One has extra gears and bearings for the clutch, another for spare bearings. Wheel bearings, spindle bearings etc. I also carry in that organizer spare lug bolts and nuts for the wheel hubs. The third I carry small engine parts, spark plugs a new coil carb jets extra nuts and bolts for the engine. I carry another organizer with a variety of nuts, bolts, springs, washers about anything that I may ever need. I end up giving parts to people all of the time, everyone has found out that I carry extra parts. I also carry extra flywheel and clutch shaft keys! My clutch box has extra bearings spacers and snap rings. Then I carry a parts box where I keep an extra pull rope, extra exhaust pipe and muffler, an extra air filter, extra carb. The air filter and carb have come in handy on some very dusty dirty tracks! I carry a dozen antifreeze jugs full of water, a bucket and rags to clean tires with again for dirt tracks. A chain breaker and extra chain. I carry 2 or 3 extra chains. we have broken chains before, and have loaned chains to other racers before.
Tools I carry 2 boxes. One has my socket set the other has all the other tools. I carry 2 of every size of wrench metric and standard that the kart uses. I also carry a couple of crescent wrenches, allen wrenches, vice grips, screwdrivers, the usual run of wrenches. Also very important, a flashlight and telescoping magnet for those hard to find parts you drop! I carry wire cutters, tin snips and other cutting tools too. For extras, a roll of duct tape a container of zip ties and a roll of tie wire. Other tools, my 1/4 inch impact driver a drill and drill bits. I have a few extra tires that have the size marked on them, an air compressor and a valve core remover. I have a generator I keep in the trailer for the air compressor, lights and a fan or heater. Other odd things I carry that have been handy, extra oil, carb cleaner or brake parts cleaner, penetrating oil and ether starting fluid. I carry a few extra gaskets in case we have to pull something apart. I also keep extra fuel line and throttle linkage parts and extra lead pucks. The lead doesnt get used often, but we have been to tracks that the scales are off and have had to add a few pounds.
The final tools that we have used a lot, hammers and pry bars! We have enough room in our trailer and the back of the pickup that I can carry a lot of extras. I have a table and chairs I carry too just to make things easier. I forgot, I also carry an extra fuel pump. We have had to change pumps once or twice. You just never know what you might need! This past season a guy came to the track and during hot laps discovered that he forgot to tighten his bolt holding his clutch to the engine shaft. He was loading up to go home when I was able to give him a bolt, key and spacers to get onto the track. A few years ago we had a kart come up onto my sons tire and smash his air filter.
Thanks so much for this!!!

Back