Need a Aussie checK ih

Squrilly

Was just watching the weather channel they say it is hot down there. Just want to know if you guys are OK ? Are you getting any racing in we have not seen a report this year?

Yeh it's hot as hell in Melbourne. Every day this week has been over 40c. crazy thing is they saying it supposed to be 23c tomorrow. I haven't raced in a long while. I'm building engine building equipment and jigs and stuff. So no time or money for racing at the moment for me.

Yeh it's hot as hell in Melbourne. Every day this week has been over 40c. crazy thing is they saying it supposed to be 23c tomorrow. I haven't raced in a long while. I'm building engine building equipment and jigs and stuff. So no time or money for racing the moment for me.
Here in the US we are inbetween centigrade and Fahrenheit. Us old folks are mostly on Fahrenheit. So, I pull out the old metric to US converting calculator and see that 40 C is 104 f. We see that here in the US all the time, maybe not everywhere, but some places. Here in Austin Texas, couple years ago, we had something like 38 straight days with over 100° F. Last summer there was maybe 10 to 12 days over 100 F, if that many. High humidity combined with high temps is when it's really bad for karting. What kind of humidity are you seeing with your high temps?
We have a track in Southern California in the town of Riverside, which is kind of in the desert, and one year at the nationals it was over 100° with only 5% humidity. Not that that was real comfortable, but it's a whole lot better than 80% humidity and over 100. I was wearing a dark blue, light cotton, shirt and by the end of the day it was caked with salt from my perspiration.
Always interesting to hear from the land down under.
Gaday mate. (Did I say that right?)

Almost, its G'day. i dont say it much. I think the way us aussies talk is lazy.

41-44 is what we been having. Its not that hot compared to other parts of Aus and USA but our bush fires are always a problem. Last year when i was in Pheonix it was 110 at 11.00pm and 115-118 during the day. And the pool was like a hot bathtub. I hate the summer weather.

Glad I checked on you! So far I have not seen the first snowflake, we are sheltered on the east side of the mountians so unless a storm comes from the SE we don't get anything however Bergfelt has been having a good time playing in snow.

Glad I checked on you! So far I have not seen the first snowflake, we are sheltered on the east side of the mountians so unless a storm comes from the SE we don't get anything however Bergfelt has been having a good time playing in snow.

Yah, I saw the pics on FB. And I here on the news some parts in America are getting extreme cold. I like what we call cold, but I have no idea how you can deal with -40C. At -40 this is the point where F and C are the same. So -40 is unbelievably cold.

Back