Need a motor builder

xcaliber,dover,waller,moon,baker,rob smith,, turner, todd miller carlson ..just to name a few thay all make great power

you can get a stage3/with a new jammer cobra clutch/and oil all shipped for 900.00 from markbilt,he makes as much tq/hp as any top builder i know,all you do is bolt it on and race for 900

Thanks everyone. The comments you guys are making are helping. I will be contacting some builders to go over the details and see which direction we go.. You input is appreciated

Not here to soliciate engine sales,, blessed in that area

Lots of names thrown around and builders speaking up for themselves

Where does customer service begin? Only after the sale? I would think theirs quite a few that shows it on here.

They support the site all you racers love to spend your spare time on. Without them possibly no 4cycle.com ,, but again theres already FREE Facebook LoL (Not for me)
Wifey can do the FB mess..

They also come on the threads and contribute without charging a fee.

I ask again >> where does customer service begin ????

I can't see myself ever buying a motor from someone other then Dover Power again. You already own one so you know they are great and the service you receive from his entire staff is unmatched in or out of the karting industry. Buy from Dover and be confident your engine program is covered, free you up to work on chassis and tires. Good luck

Been racing karts since 1964, ran about every kind of engine. there are a lot of great engine builders out there that are about all equal, Dover,KRS,Miller,HiTech,Fishel personally we run CPR just because his is closer and we have run against him for years and his prices are a lot lower than most and have seen dyno results against the others. We are retiring this year, my son just wants to spent more time with the family now but I would not hesitate to use any of the above builders, just remember and the shipping costs and if u need help while at the track, that may play into making a decision with going with a local builder. Be glad to help in any way. ken@leeblackwellmotorsports

I have been with Fishel, Miller, and Eddie Bryant before he got out. I would personally go with Miller, Dover, Moon, Fishel, or Hi-Tech. I run Miller and have for 2 years. Great horsepower!!! But Stillwagon (Hi-Tech) and Moon have been in it a little longer than Tod. All are great. JMO.

If you need a really good motor builder get a Plotner motor in Decatur, Illinois. This guy is amazing at what he does and while your there bring a set of tires to Tim Eilts from Ultra Cuts. His the best tire guy that I know and made my tires get a lot of grip to the tracks I run at.

Okie,
I may not be the biggest name in engine builders, but our stuff will run with the best of them. Performance backed by customer service is what we offer. We're probably not the cheapest, and we're certainly not the most expensive. I'm not real fond of building new clones with all the rules variances across the country, but we would be glad to see what we can do for you. We sure do a lot of Briggs animals, LO206s, and flatheads. :)
If there's anything we can help you with, please feel free to call on us.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Okie,
I may not be the biggest name in engine builders, but our stuff will run with the best of them. Performance backed by customer service is what we offer. We're probably not the cheapest, and we're certainly not the most expensive. I'm not real fond of building new clones with all the rules variances across the country, but we would be glad to see what we can do for you. We sure do a lot of Briggs animals, LO206s, and flatheads.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
765-339-4407

Thanks Brian, I appreciate that! I have honestly had about 14 builders contact me and have had some pretty good offers that we agreed I would not disclose publically or privately.

That being said...I dont HAVE to go with a big name builder. I am wanting the most power I can get and what is very important to me is customer service...if I have a problem on the weekend or during the week with our setup, I would like to be able to call and we can work out the problem. I feel the motor builder knows best and with me being relatively new to this I will have to trust in my motor guy....I am going with Paul Holt as my tire dude because I think we kinda have a bond with each other since he was in the Army like I was....even if he was a dang Tanker and I was Infantry I cannot hold that against him. :D

me and my son have been getting ready to go slaughter some deer this weekend but I will be contacting everyone in the next few weeks to feel everyone out and see who best fits our needs.....Nobody is ruled out as of right now

Thanks
Shawn Smith

x2............
Okie,
I may not be the biggest name in engine builders, but our stuff will run with the best of them. Performance backed by customer service is what we offer. We're probably not the cheapest, and we're certainly not the most expensive. I'm not real fond of building new clones with all the rules variances across the country, but we would be glad to see what we can do for you. We sure do a lot of Briggs animals, LO206s, and flatheads. :)

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
765-339-4407

Back