Need a tire guru

This is an non karting question, looking for info for prepping m/t Radials for drag racing use , not wanting it softer jus added grip

This is an non karting question, looking for info for prepping m/t Radials for drag racing use , not wanting it softer jus added grip

First and most important, think twice about treating the inside of any radial. After you think about it and then you need to say - no not this time.

After you get more experience then think about it again. The way the tire cords are laid in there is a much greater chance for the cords to slip and have tire failure.

Now about treating:
Pure grip will come from TT SST5-Purple. It will take cure time and you should not rush it.
The tt SST is great as a pre-race wipe.

You are welcome to call us and we will help with as much information as possible without giving away any customer data.

Hope this helps,
Randy

336-474-3500 office => ask for Chris

First and most important, think twice about treating the inside of any radial. After you think about it and then you need to say - no not this time.

After you get more experience then think about it again. The way the tire cords are laid in there is a much greater chance for the cords to slip and have tire failure.

Now about treating:
Pure grip will come from TT SST5-Purple. It will take cure time and you should not rush it.
The tt SST is great as a pre-race wipe.

You are welcome to call us and we will help with as much information as possible without giving away any customer data.

Hope this helps,
Randy

336-474-3500 office => ask for Chris
I understand, I’m not wanting to prep kill the tire jus give it an more ply able patch , I wasn’t wanting anything internal because not wanting compromise the sidewall

Back