Need advice on my new build

Mtd1969

I started with a brand new stock 206 lo. Since I bought super stock package from jimbo at faster motors. With the 12000 limiter. Put about an hour on it and decided I wanted more power. So got back in touch with jimbo and he recommended a big valve head heavier valve springs bigger intake 28 mm blueprint carb chrome moly push rods and roller rockers. The parts are on there way here. The motor is on a race tractor and we run about a two min lap. Two to five laps. So it might see about ten minutes of run time or less per race and about three races a night. So my questions are: What octane fuel should I run with this set up. I plan to switch to methanol just not quite yet. Also what is a safe max rpm to run. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I like the idea of methanol but I only run it for short periods of time. And from what I understand I would have to change oil and purge the fuel system every time I run it. And if I want to go play in the yard for a bit I’d rather not have to do a oils change at 15 dollars a wack. But I will if that’s what everyone recommends

Is it a tilly ? If so changing from gas too methanol is not as easy as a slide carb .
You gonna play in the yard ? Might stick with gas

So me and my buddys started a lawn mower race event. Our track is set up like a road course. But dirt. Basically grudge racing and time trials. A lap is about 2 minutes. We usually run about two to five laps.

49DFB1E3-35A9-4FE9-874D-F2E4DD5F27A7.jpeg

Back