Need Advice & Opinions

JP22

Whats everyone's opinion on Holeshot Clutches "Agent Orange" clutch? Are they really worth the $400 price tag for a 2 disk? I'm really looking at them but not sure if they're much better or at all than a standard Bully, other than being orange.

I like barnes performance 2 and 3 disk. Good customer service and support.

Huge plus it's not hard to maintenance.

$$ does not make a good clutch. There is absolutely no way a high dollar clutch with the wrong stall speed can beat a properly set up shoe clutch. Your clutch works for less than 5% of the race. a properly set op clutch will do the exact same thing no mater what type I have heard of tons of people loosing races due to a burnt out disk clutch. I ran a Noram ge for three years and did nothing but smear grease on the needle bearings every month or so and never had a bully or Horstman pull away from me on a start. I know in this business it's hard not to get sucked into that shinny new thing you think will give you an edge. it's your money but i don't think its going to up your game unless the clutch your running is so far out of the range of engagement.

Whats everyone's opinion on Holeshot Clutches "Agent Orange" clutch? Are they really worth the $400 price tag for a 2 disk? I'm really looking at them but not sure if they're much better or at all than a standard Bully, other than being orange.

My opinion (and its just that, an opinion) is that the coating process used on these clutches does not show any advantage as far as wear, reliability, etc. If anything, it is a negative on the clutch. I have rebuilt quite a few of them where the tolerances were so close, that the clutch could not operate properly.

Once engaged its work is done. So depending on your track like a wide open track I see no big advantage..

Bull ring on and off the gas alot more of a advantage..

The barnes clutch is also more tabs so less wear on the basket..

My opinion (and its just that, an opinion) is that the coating process used on these clutches does not show any advantage as far as wear, reliability, etc. If anything, it is a negative on the clutch. I have rebuilt quite a few of them where the tolerances were so close, that the clutch could not operate properly.
Mine was “one” of them. After JP did his magic, it was a night and day difference.

Back