Need advice

bhill

I’m 50 been turning left . For25 yrs looking to race sprint and there is a 2014 Tony Kart for sale I’m thinking running 206 class would this chassis work

Tony karts are some of the best. 2014 is not that old. As long as the frame rails are not all scraped to hell on the bottom everything else can be fixed. The one thing is the brake system. You might not be able to find parts or a re-build kit for it. They change those things every 3 years. You might want to put and MCP system on it with a lighter rotor which might require welding a bracket, drilling holes ect. Hey, that first right turn is gonna' feel weird LOL.

Sundog

I run 2 Tonykarts in the LO206 class. Excellent chassis. Sundog is correct about the brakes. I installed MCP brakes and found them to work as well as the stock OTK parts just a heck of a lot cheaper. Once you get that Tonykart dialed in the rest of the field will be playing catch up.

Look over the frame very close before you purchase it. Tony karts are an excellent chassis, but are notorious for breaking off the front seat tabs, the rear seat mounts and breaking in front of the bearing hangar behind the motor mount. We have had over a dozen OTK karts the last several years, I currently have 2 of them that I run in Tag Masters class. Of the dozen or so , 2/3rds of them have broken in one or more places, several of them after only a handful of races. They are extremely flexible, which is why they drive so well, but that flexibility comes with compromises.

Back