Need better results

SrFan3

We have been racing 3 years and my youngest(13) is having a hard time racing the racing line consistently. More days are bad than good for some reason. The other child i have racing doesn't have any issues so it isn't motor, setup or tires. Its getting tough and frustrating to watch my driver run full speed into the turn just to push up slow down, fall back and get passed. When he does get the line he catches up but thats only a few laps a race. Im thinking of getting into a computer simulator just to get the concept of slow in fast out. Or maybe more practice days. We race a banked dirt oval just a bit smaller than 1/8. Driver input is very important at this track. Any suggestion for this driver? Please dont reply with just go out and have fun. None of us are having fun.

More practice don't help if you keep making the same mistakes over and over. Sounds like he doesn't know the limits of the kart. Tell him to drive too slow then go a little faster each lap until he feels the problem.

Just because 1 is good does not mean the other will be, are they running same kart in different classes ? Or same class everything is duplicated

Different classes. Im ok with one being better but there is the odd day where my problem driver just gets it and drives like a veteran and places. But those days are to far and few between. IM also thinking of trying a helmet cam.

Just because 1 is good does not mean the other will be, are they running same kart in different classes ? Or same class everything is duplicated
So differnt classes .
Are they also different chassis?
Camera I don't think is the answer .
You already know its pushing up .
Being honest my son got better equipment then my daughter, just a fact .
Two things driver improvment or handling improvement, or both .

2 different drivers in the same kart?
Theres the problem, the kart works for one and not the other.
You say everything is perfect but it cant be if he's having that handling issue, that small of a track you should almost be able to flat foot through the corners

Put cones around the bottom of the track on a practice day to keep them from entering too low and forcing them to sweep out on the straights so they can make a good entry. Seems to be a big issue for youths.

-Camera is an awesome tool, yes get one. Mount it so he can see his hands and feet if possible. (Hands more important)
-Check the kart to see if the scale numbers are different between the two drivers, that should show the push up issue. Add 10 pounds to the nose for him. See if it feels better for him?
-Seat time is YUGE! Good drivers drive lots. Maybe have another driver show him the line at say 80% speed so he can follow and learn.
-I hate to say it, but he has to be having fun or he wont have the interest to improve or keep trying. A little success sure helps motivation. Don't compare him to the other racers, just document his improvements and show him. Set goals that he can achieve.
Good luck Dad!

If they are running different classes then air, gear, and tire will be different. I have two sons running jr2 and jr3. While choices are similar they are never the same. If the Kart isn't at it's full potential then the driver will have a hard time doing his job. What classes are they running and what kind of events? Big races, local races, hard tracks, soft or wet tracks? All this plays in to your choices. Just trying to help....karting has a very steep learning curve.

If they are running different classes then air, gear, and tire will be different. I have two sons running jr2 and jr3. While choices are similar they are never the same. If the Kart isn't at it's full potential then the driver will have a hard time doing his job. What classes are they running and what kind of events? Big races, local races, hard tracks, soft or wet tracks? All this plays in to your choices. Just trying to help....karting has a very steep learning curve.
We are re-scaling and getting a camera. Then see what happens after that. Thanks for the input.

Back