Need clutch builder

Bradley71

need clutch builder to resurface some plates near owensboro ky..thanks bradley..

Attachments

• 4944E63D-2BFC-42E6-BD8C-495FB4C3A7A9.jpeg
    4944E63D-2BFC-42E6-BD8C-495FB4C3A7A9.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 46
That clutch (Vortex) was designed to be extremely user-friendly. It takes no special skill, tools or knowledge. You need only a rebuild kit, a T-25 Torx wrench and five to ten minutes of your time.

I have tried sanding those plates on a table with just sandpaper and a lubricant. Not the easiest thing to do. If you had a hub you could cut down would make it a lot easier.

I was thinking martin.but ive ran 2 -dry disc clutches in my life.i used to run birky clutches on 2 strokes ya hardly ever have to do much to them.

SMC the manufacturer of that clutch gave you the best answer.
Buy a rebuild kit and put it in it. It's not rocket science.

SMC the manufacturer of that clutch gave you the best answer.
Buy a rebuild kit and put it in it. It's not rocket science.
Agreed, not rocket science, but I think even Tom would agree that if there are grooves worn, they need to be addressed.

Bradley, anyone with a lathe and a fixture to hold the discs can help you. A tool post grinder would make a much better finish. Also, anyone with a surface grinder can clean those plates up too.

Agreed, not rocket science, but I think even Tom would agree that if there are grooves worn, they need to be addressed.

Bradley, anyone with a lathe and a fixture to hold the discs can help you. A tool post grinder would make a much better finish. Also, anyone with a surface grinder can clean those plates up too.
How much do you take out ff the discs I have access to surface grinders. Just curious for when the time comes I need to do my me.

How much do you take out ff the discs I have access to surface grinders. Just curious for when the time comes I need to do my me.

You can use a surface grinder for the floater discs -- take off just enough to clean them up (they typcially warp/bevel in one direction.)
You'll want a lathe with a tool post grinder to work on the pressure plate and backing plate.

Back