Need custom header flanges made

Neo

Hey all. Looking to get some header flanges copied and cut. I have a couple of water cooled motors that are 3 bolt flanges with pretty severe downward angles. Need to tweek on some headers to clear the tires. Looking for 6-10 made. I have an Aero LT that's been sitting long enough...HELP???

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 14
I don't know where your located but CNC plasma cutters , water jets etc are common almost everywhere . You should be able to find someone to cut them burn them out for a reasonable cost . An order of 10 is not huge but it's more than 1 .

Those look like the same bolt pattern as the IAME Leopard uses, but the Leopard has a full size round exhaust port.

Neo,

Do you have a cad model of the flange? Once you have that, I'd probably go with water jet as combative_hodaka suggested. Makes super clean cuts that require minimal or no deburring.

If you can take a photo of that flange (dead square to, and looking straight at the flange, and from a few feet away), I can create the CAD model for you. I would only need one accurate measurement off it to scale the photo (like possibly the exact width of the rectangular opening, measured with a set of calipers).

PM

Thanks all. I had a machinist friend asking around for me awhile back. Most of the shops didn't want to make such a small batch and the one that did wanted $275 to make 10.....cough...cough... Pete, i'll take you up on that offer if you think it will help. I suspect I could send a file to any willing shop and have them make up a batch? I'll be in touch...thanks all.

Absolutely -- happy to help. Yes, once you have a cad model, you should be able to email it to any shop (water jet or otherwise) and get a quote.

PM

Back