Need help again

FBIracing

Got a 06 ultramax race on dirt at senoia karting complex. I run sumo class.
46 front
58 left
61 cross
Yellow vega and maxxis pink blue 6lbs 5 lbs prob I have is goes into the corner good then about center off goes into a 4 wheel drift the bogs down. It happens on dry track or wet track. Any ideas

Good entry then four-wheel drift; sounds like the balance is okay. I don't understand the bogging. I don't have any dirt oval experience but bogging to me means the clutch is locking up when it should be slipping. Or, the engines giving up. Maybe from lack of fuel, that causes the engine to bog. Something rubbing that shouldn't. Tire against the frame? Should be able to see that! Could be the axle loose in the bearings allowing things to get out of line such as the brake disc and disc pads. Maybe bad fuel pickup. What's the RPM through the turn.

Just put new bearings in the axle it all seams good. My tach messed up over the weekend but normally max is around 6800. The bogging to me seams like it is to much traction but it is sliding if that make sense
Good entry then four-wheel drift; sounds like the balance is okay. I don't understand the bogging. I don't have any dirt oval experience but bogging to me means the clutch is locking up when it should be slipping. Or, the engines giving up. Maybe from lack of fuel, that causes the engine to bog. Something rubbing that shouldn't. Tire against the frame? Should be able to see that! Could be the axle loose in the bearings allowing things to get out of line such as the brake disc and disc pads. Maybe bad fuel pickup. What's the RPM throug

Just put new bearings in the axle it all seams good. My tach messed up over the weekend but normally max is around 6800. The bogging to me seams like it is to much traction but it is sliding if that make sense
There's going to be some bogging/slowing just because you're in a turn, I'm assuming you're talking about more than normal. What's the RPM drop, is it excessive, more than normal?

There's going to be some bogging/slowing just because you're in a turn, I'm assuming you're talking about more than normal. What's the RPM drop, is it excessive, more than normal?
Yes more than normal. Like I said my tach fried over the weekend so don't have the numbers. But Friday night I had it doing better during a practice night. I think it is something in tires or set up because I was making some runs with dirty tires and it helped so I am a little confused

46 front
58 left
61 cross
Yellow vega and maxxis pink blue 6lbs 5 lbs prob I have is goes into the corner good then about center off goes into a 4 wheel drift the bogs down. It happens on dry track or wet track. Any ideas
46.4 front
60 left
66-66.7 cross
Pinks and blues 6&5

I was having the same issues and finally got the chassis best with these numbers and now it’s all about tire

Yes more than normal. Like I said my tach fried over the weekend so don't have the numbers. But Friday night I had it doing better during a practice night. I think it is something in tires or set up because I was making some runs with dirty tires and it helped so I am a little confused
What about steering input? Is it pushing it all. Four-wheel drift to me means near zero steering input, or maybe a little counter Steer.

If the track wasn’t real good your left side looks a little high. That will cause you to be loose.

If the track wasn’t real good your left side looks a little high. That will cause you to be loose.
Hey Jonathan, could you describe why if the track wasnt good having too high left could cause this? i had a similar experience last month but the track was not good at all. Would taking away left on a slick track help tighten the kart, if so why? Im new to karting so trying to learn. Thanks.

Hey Jonathan, could you describe why if the track wasnt good having too high left could cause this? i had a similar experience last month but the track was not good at all. Would taking away left on a slick track help tighten the kart, if so why? Im new to karting so trying to learn. Thanks.
First I ask him to describe his definition of Loose, loose to me is just the rear of the kart trying to pass the front, If that's what he means by loose the problem is not to much left, to much left would be a 4 wheel drift, now if loose to him is the entire kart is to free that's a whole different deal.
But if he was encountering Loose ( only rear snapping out ) it was because it started to drift he put to much wheel into it and it snapped loose and all he identified was the loose.

First I ask him to describe his definition of Loose, loose to me is just the rear of the kart trying to pass the front, If that's what he means by loose the problem is not to much left, to much left would be a 4 wheel drift, now if loose to him is the entire kart is to free that's a whole different deal.
easiest fix for a 4 wheel drift to raise the seat up a bit, as well as lowering left%? i read this in another post.

46 front
58 left
61 cross
A 4 wheel drift & bog engine makes no sense unless getting off the throttle is bog, only 58% left for Sumo Bog makes sense you need to raise it, If your rear wheel spacing's are correct your issue is tires not enough bite,

After reading all this I'm unclear if it was truly 4 wheel drifting or just loose on exit. If just loose on exit I would try taking some nose weight out. Move the seat back a little. Either way, your engine bog could be explained by your slow exit speeds.

Back