need help davenport dyno old school!

Does anyone know how to get ahold of davenport himself? I have googled it and tried all the davenport Dyno numbers but they are disconnected

Another option, contact the guys at Performance Trends and tell them what you've got and they will recommend a suitable retrofit package. The Mini Datamite hardware and software system would work great for your dyno. I retrofitted a Technical Systems hydraulic dyno and it has been one of the best race related purchases I've ever made. The basic hardware/software is around $500 on up to the $1200 pro version which has the built in weather sensors and a few other items.

http://performancetrends.com/contact.htm

It wouldn't be a big deal if I had that kind of money but I just spent a bunch on the Dyno thinking the software would work

Well,concerning your original software, I have seen two Davenport dyno's, both hydraulic, and the computer was dedicated strictly to the dyno software under DOS. I'm no expert but I remember years ago trying running DOS programs in a DOS window would sometimes created input/output problems with certain programs and cause a program error. I would suggest installing your software on a dedicated DOS computer. Most systems that are considered junk by today's software standards will be more than enough power for a DOS box. There is FreeDOS http://www.freedos.org/ you can install which is a MSDOS compatible operating system if you don't have MSDOS. I could be wrong but I bet the guy you purchased from was using a dedicated computer for the dyno.

He was and that's what is so frustrating to me cause he showed me that the load cell and everything was working....I have it on a very old computer that was bought in the late 90's and I would run it just dos and just for the Dyno if I knew how lol

Okay, I'm assuming that's the Windows XP computer your referring to and it has a CDROM drive as well as 3.5 floppy drives. Once again I'm going to assume your on a much newer system that has the capability to burn CD's. If it does, go to the Freedos website and they have detailed step by step instructions on how to download the Freedos operating system and burn a CDROM Image. Boot the CDROM on your dyno computer and follow instructions. After that, install your Davenport software and see what you get. If all fails after the DOS install and trying to install the dyno software let me know and I'll check with my friend who may still have his Davenport software disks that we can copy. Good luck...

Jim Davenport doesn't live in Callie anymore. He was in Arizona the last time I talked with him and he seemed to hate talking about the Dyno. He moved on to the medical field. As much as I loved the Davenport, after a few down times due to older computer failures and software issues, we changed ours over to Performance Trends and its the best money we spent! We only had EGT and CHT when on the Davenport but now, we have EGT, wideband O2, engine oil temp, intake air temp etc. You can graph out so many things and overlay runs etc. Sometimes it can be almost too much information LOL! When on the Davenport system, runs were consistent but now the repeatability is amazing. We refreshed a GX160 as a favor for a large customer the other day that goes on an industrial application and still has the governor installed and we dynod it just out of curiosity and it was .02 on hp and .03 on torque of what Honda's material listed! I guess that's why we don't have any 14hp Box Stock legal clones :) I would highly recommend changing it over to Performance Trends. You can always add to their system and expand and the tech support we've received from them has been amazing.

Well its looking like that's what I'm going to be forced to do...now is decision to go with the 800 dollar basic or wait and get the 1800 dollar one with all the bells?

Go with the most you can afford. I went with the maxed out Mini Datamite with the Pro software and its great as Stunner has said above, but now I wish I would of spent a little extra for the Datamite III with its increased expandability. I would like to have wideband O2 now but can't unless I go to a stand alone unit or upgrade. The important thing about it being tied into the datamite is that it will graph your A/F ratio along with your Tq/Hp graph.

Sounds like your missing the original program so the update doesn't know wher to go you need to find a computer guy that knows dos because the original will still be ther and some familiar with dos can probably fix it for you

Naa, When you find the old computer guy that can fix it I am sure he wont charge a Million dollars. However if you can't find one I would be glad to have it fixed for you for a 99% discount.

Back