need help davenport dyno old school!

metalmagic

i bought a older stuska dyno and i cant get the old floppy disks to work to install on my computer...does anyone have that program i could have or borrow and send back? i would really appreciate it!

Post this is the Clone Section and might get more replys, more builders are in the engine sections

You might also look up youngengines on here, his name is barry and i believe he uses the same dyno

i bought a older stuska dyno and i cant get the old floppy disks to work to install on my computer...does anyone have that program i could have or borrow and send back? i would really appreciate it!
I’m just a little confused, are you using the Davenport dyno or Stuska?
Jimmy Davenport lives north of San Diego, if you have his dyno, you might try information for his number.
If the program you are trying to use is on a floppy disk, it’s probably pretty old and not compatible with today’s software.

Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Its a stuska Dyno but davenport used to put together this package with his software....and yes its an old software with old components but I have an old computer to run it with....my problem is I can get the update to work but it just searches for the original to work and its all in dos lol
I’m just a little confused, are you using the Davenport dyno or Stuska?
Jimmy Davenport lives north of San Diego, if you have his dyno, you might try information for his number.
If the program you are trying to use is on a floppy disk, it’s probably pretty old and not compatible with today’s software.

Ive tried getting ahold of him with the number that comes up on google but it says the number is disconnected..
I’m just a little confused, are you using the Davenport dyno or Stuska?Jimmy Davenport lives north of San Diego, if you have his dyno, you might try information for his number.

Ive tried getting ahold of him with the number that comes up on google but it says the number is disconnected..
Typical of Jim Davenport, he's the smartest idiot I know. LOL and yes, that's capitals!!!
Does the Stuska use a strain gauge or a hydraulic pressure gauge?
Be careful dealing with Davenport. He gets a little strange sometimes.

I have all the wiring and the isa board that goes in the computer
Have you run the thing at all? It's been almost 20 years since I last ran mine, so I don't remember exactly how I acquired all the data I was using Davenport software for data acquisition and I used excel for correction factors and charting.
Whoever made the A to D board might be able to help you. All you need is the strain gauges numbers with the RPM where they were recorded.
I have a very simple excel spreadsheet where you can enter the data, along with the correction factors, and get a chart showing a horsepower and torque curve, both corrected for atmospheric conditions. Of course you need to know what those correction factors are, barometric pressure and temperature. You'll need a "good" gauge for that. Uncorrected dyno data, if you plan on comparing engines run at different times, is pretty much useless.
You have the Isa board, so I think the software for acquiring the numbers is pretty simple.

I had it running on the guy I bought it from computer and the disks he had....all I know is I can't get it to work ...all the files and hardware is there but the program just comes up in does and says can't find previous version

I had it running on the guy I bought it from computer and the disks he had....all I know is I can't get it to work ...all the files and hardware is there but the program just comes up in does and says can't find previous version
Sounds like the software is an upgrade and it's looking to see if you have the original.
How much money do you want to spend for software? There are people that sell software packages, but we're talking about $300 to $500, in that area.
Maybe you can contact stuska and see if they have anything you can use.
Comments compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

maybe get the original owner to copy his files/disc's again may have been a glitch.Im no computer guy but possibly install each file seperatly.

We have tried that...I wish I new a dos expert to come do this cause I'm the worst possible person this could happen to lol I'm no computer guy

there are a few computer wizards here I am surprised some have not chimmed in busy with the ho;idays I assume

Are you running MS Windows for and operating system, and if so, is it Windows Vista or newer? If you are, it will choke on 16 bit Dos code which, given the probable age of the software, may be part of the problem. The cure for that is to install an open source program called DOSBox. You load DOSBox into Windows and run the older software from within DOSBox. Their web site has a tutorial to explain how to get started - it has saved me on an $85,000 piece of custom software that there was no money in the budget to update.

http://www.dosbox.com/

If you are running Windows XP or earlier, that shouldn't be part of the problem.

I am running windows xp....I would be willing to feed someone very well and buy their favorite beverage if someone would be willing to get this dang thing working lol

Back