need help no rpm

Wolfee4

I run a senior champ (425lbs) Laukaitis clone with single disc turbo bully clutch. We ran 16.2 lap time on 1/4 mile track, pole time was 15.8 but we are only turning 3000 rpms. Do you think issue is clutch.

sounds like a tach issue, hard to comprehend the 3000 rpm and just .4 off pole time.

If you get it tach'in like you want, you'll be goin a zillllion mph. ... :)

Are you sure your tach is reading right? 3000rpm wouldn't even be enough to keep the clutch engaged, especially at that weight and with a champ kart. If you were that close to the leaders time there is no way you are only turning 3000, especially if the clutch locks up and the kart takes off. I didn't know bully made a Turbo clutch that was single disc, I believe the Turbo is only 3 or 4 disc. You really need a 2 disc or 3 disc for champ kart and heavy weight like that, or it will just overheat the single disc clutch real quick and that can cause it to slip alot.

I run a senior champ (425lbs) Laukaitis clone with single disc turbo bully clutch. We ran 16.2 lap time on 1/4 mile track, pole time was 15.8 but we are only turning 3000 rpms. Do you think issue is clutch.

Your tachs not right as mentioned, but just curious what gearing were you on for that 1/4 mile track ?

thanks for all advice, It is an adult turbo single disc bully clutch, we run 15 driver with 65 gear, it is a mychron 3.

I figured out tach spark rev was set wrong i fixed now ok Do you think 2 disc clutch would help with speed, are the goldie locks available now

He keeps the Goldie locks in stock. A 2 disc would be better for you at that weight than a single disc would...are you getting beat on the starts and restarts?

Back