Need help to beat my friend who is running 2 Predators

Gearbuilder how much do you want to spend? That's going to be the decider...
A good "italian" 100/116 2 stroke (ie NOT a KT100) reed or rotary will do it alright. Broad powerband, lot's of overevv if you need it and on alky makes even more power.

Gearbuilder, what's your budget?
sCREamnClones, the kind of motors that Ted is talking about start around $800, or less. Sure back in the day, brand new they might have been $5000, but those days are well gone. To judge the capability of 100cc motors by the KT100 is a disservice to them. It's possibly the worst POS 100cc two cycle made in terms of power and parity, yet its the most popular.

CR125 is another option, but then you have to get different gears, possibly fab up a shifter arm, deal with a MUCH heavier motor, add a radiator. etc etc.

"looking for some ideas on how to beat my friend on our backyard track." at night with a stick will usually do the trick.....

just kidding! i'd love to run a dual engine setup, but our rules, although quite open, don't allow it. but it woudl be great on the big track that we run (4/10 mile paved oval).

I don't have a set budget. $800 wouldn't be bad for the engine, it would be at least that to build 2 Predators just to match what my friend is running. What would the other costs be? The few that I can think of are the expansion chamber, a clutch that could handle 30HP, a fuel pump and tank . What am I missing? Also I'd like some links to learn about these engines.
Thanks, Jamie

"at night with a stick will usually do the trick....."

My friend is old, 70 as a matter of fact but he is an ex Marine and tough as nails and if I hit him I'd have to kill him and then I wouldn't have anyone to race. ha ha

Jamie

hit an old warhorse marine? is ya crazy? i'm retired air force, but i just visited parris island and watched my grandson turn from a xbox playing idiot into a fine young man. i'm very proud of him for completing 13 weeks of intense physical and mental training....oohrah! Marines!

now...if you really want to beat him....get right beside him on the starting grid and just as they wave you off, pull a plug wire out! :)

good luck in what your doing!

Back